Notices

Numbering Cig 20`s...

Old 01-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Small, Small world

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'm in towson every week, I work with the Maserati dealer, and lexus of towson as well. Cant beat lunch at the Towson Diner...
What a small world, a good friend of mine (who was the owner of very first 38 Cigarette) sublet the Hyundai property to Maserati folks and if you work at Lexus as well, I'm guessing you know Laurie Isaacs. Yes, we ought to do lunch out there one day.

I have flip flopped on selling my 20. Since I decided to finish the 28, I'm going to list the 20 soon.

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 20 in OC

Originally Posted by CigaretteDon
Barry - No I did not get my boat from Jeff. My boat was given to me free for debts owed to me while working on a 42' Carver as livaboard Captain/Mechanic. My boat was sitting outside for over 15+ years occupied by very large wood ants ( my seats were shot from these guys ) - needs everything. It is white with red sides. A picture of it is on the "Lakeside Restorations" website under "Clients boats" - the pic of it is the day I dropped it off there. It is called "HellCat" - a lot of people know the boat. Don Aronow and Dale Lucas raced everybody they could in Miami in this boat in the day. Boat was in OC in the late 70`s and early 80`s. There is a local O.C. magazine article about the boat but I cant find one. From what I am seeing here, there are a lot of 20' Cigs in the Chesapeake area! I should have mine done in a year - cost of engine/drive package is delaying project. Why does HP cost so much!

Barry - Give me a call next time you are in Towson. 410-963-3521. We can have a drink at Hooters on Joppa Rd. Would like to talk more about these boats - rigging etc. It would be nice to have a local 20` Cig owner get together once in awhile.
I don't know that I ever saw a 20 Cig in OC in the late 70's early '80's. At the time there was Bill's 38' Cig Satin Doll, My 28' Cig (no name), a 27' Cig / Squadron called Hustler, Tommy Rockstoh's 30 Scarab and later 35 Cigarette. I had an apartment building right at the Route 50 bridge then and kept my 28 at Bayside Boatel (Now townhouses there) so I didn't miss much. I'm wondering if they were thinking of Hustler, because that sat right by Route 50 beside Bayside Boatel. Or did I just miss it and you ssaw it there youself? Interesting.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 01-21-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Whatever you buy......you will reward yourself by getting one that's already running, or VERY close to it.

Many people don't realize how many little things go into "restoring" a boat when it's time to put it back together. Tearing it down to a bare hull is the easiest, cheapest part, which is why you only see probably 4-5/10 of them ever get back on the water when these projects get started. These $5-10k boats will have double that into them with A LOT left to go in a hurry. Hoses, fittings, brackets, etc, all add up!

Wild's needs a paintjob and updated interior, and I guarantee you most people will think it's been totally redone with just those two things accomplished. It's ready to run otherwise, and a good price when you add up the time & stress you saved.

Jus sayin!
shooooot, who you tellin..I have a list here of tiny little things that i need to buy. but I am building it all custom and taking my time and thinking it through. when you get down to buying nuts bolts wire ties for rigging, sealants, harness's hundreds of feet of wires and electrical ends...etc etc etc. I have 26K just in engine, front seats, drive, its, tabs,hull and easily anothr 10K in gauges and wiring and accessories...all that and the deck is going on this week... easy money pits, but well worth it.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
What a small world, a good friend of mine (who was the owner of very first 38 Cigarette) sublet the Hyundai property to Maserati folks and if you work at Lexus as well, I'm guessing you know Laurie Isaacs. Yes, we ought to do lunch out there one day.

I have flip flopped on selling my 20. Since I decided to finish the 28, I'm going to list the 20 soon.

Barry
Let me know, yep I saw laurie out at the Races too...she moved over from Volvo in belair.
Both Ferrai of Washington and Maserati of Balt are in the process of being bought out...they just sold an F 430 for 106K
Old 01-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever hapened to the Cig20. website? Anyone thinking about starting one up? Or at least start up a registry on here?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine is "CRT201310482"

Old 02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its nice to see a lot of guys interested in 20 cigs this year i was woundering if it was worth doing 4th annual poker run but looking at oso i better get working on a date and place . also if any one is restoring one and needs exhaust i have a nice set off bb imco powerflow i have taken off mine for sell give me a call 734-231-5845
Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is the 20 run? I would like to bring my 24 Firefox. By the what number would mine be?

CRT24045L586
Old 02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
They only built 11 total Firefox's so it can't be 45.

Quick Reply: Numbering Cig 20`s...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.