dont ever sll the cig

Notices

dont ever sll the cig

Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Dont want to be lookin from the SHORE! fo sure

Last edited by Quinlan; 05-26-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...does anyone think their boat will be worth more or the same 2 years from now, due possibly to a better credit market and overall economy?

One problem with cigs is with the 2000 and later twin steps now selling in the 100k range the strait hull boats are under a lot of pressure price wise. Add to that financing issues and I think the pre 2000 boats are going to continue to be under duress.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I figured out that my Cigarette would not sale, mainly because of the economy. Oh Well, better to be stuck with a Cigarette than a Baja!
I think this might be my favorite post on all of Off Shore Only!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
So...does anyone think their boat will be worth more or the same 2 years from now, due possibly to a better credit market and overall economy?

One problem with cigs is with the 2000 and later twin steps now selling in the 100k range the strait hull boats are under a lot of pressure price wise. Add to that financing issues and I think the pre 2000 boats are going to continue to be under duress.
After Obama fixes up the economy, I'm sure it will be worth twice as much. LOL
Old 05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo

No, I think that the market has been set and they will never go back up. I might be a little ahead of the competition because my boat has the #6's and has been updated....but I would need a cash buyer to sell it or trade someone for a twin step and some cash.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Registered

I figured out that my Cigarette would not sale, mainly because of the economy. Oh Well, better to be stuck with a Cigarette than a Baja!
Thats funny....Sold my Baja in a lot less than 3 years. And for decent $$ too!!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by JBOUTLAW
Thats funny....Sold my Baja in a lot less than 3 years. And for decent $$ too!!
Well decent money for your Baja is not decent money for a Cigarette. You mean, for what it was, you got decent money...

Last edited by kreed; 05-26-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Too mean.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Well decent money for your Baja is not decent money for a Cigarette. You mean, for what it was, you got decent money...
Thats funny Kev...The value of mine was considerably more than yours. Although yours is an "antique". Maybe there's some value there??
Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

After Obama fixes up the economy, I'm sure it will be worth twice as much. LOL
Yeah - but the dollar will be worth a third as much.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
No, I think that the market has been set and they will never go back up. I might be a little ahead of the competition because my boat has the #6's and has been updated....but I would need a cash buyer to sell it or trade someone for a twin step and some cash.
I agree - I think the value of my cafe that has been lost (whatever that $$ is) is lost forever.

I am also not sure but I think posting for realistic money and then just not coming off your price much might help generate interest in these boats these days. If I was going to offload mine I would slap a reasonable price on it and set the expectation early on that I wasn't going to budge much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.