dont ever sll the cig >

dont ever sll the cig

Notices

dont ever sll the cig

Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Hahahaha. Everybody loves classics Jason! Mine is like a 70 Chevelle, and yours is like a new Malibu SS. So there are differences. but your comparing a 2007 Baja to a 1992 Cigarette. So to be fair, lets compare the prices of a 2007 Cig to a 2007 Baja and youll find there much more value in the Cig. In this sh!tty market, people can still swing a cheaper performance boat, thats why yours sold so fast. Its funny that your on a Cig thread trying to compare the sale of your Baja to the sale of a Cig !! You should be ashamed. Now seeing you brought my boat into this, the real differences between OUR boats are: I can still get ALL of my money back, even after the new engines. AND, the old classic is STILL faster than your Baja ! But the question I have here is, what an ex-Baja owner doing on a Cigarette thread???Hmmmmmm......I think you would look good in a Top Gun ! ...PS, what kind of boat are you going to be on this weekend?????????
Ok Kev...A couple of thoughts about your post. First, My Baja was a fantastic boat. Beat the sh!t out of it for 4 seasons and never had an issue. Lets see how many times you are twisting wrenches on your so called "classic " this season. Second, isn't it getting old that the only rebuttal you have about my boat is it was a Baja? I love Cigarette boats. I love all boats (even Rolli's). What I don't like is the attitude of the guys who buy and old ass boat and cause it has a 1 on the side it's the best boat ever and if you don't have a 1 on the side it's not worth boating. What are you gonna think when Dominic rips past you in his Skater this weekend. Rewgardless of conditions etc? Are you gonna paint a 2 on your boat? Or a 3? And yes I will be on a Cig this weekend. You'll see us....we will be the boat ahead of you the whole way to Ny. Were you able to get anyone to ride on your Cig? Lastly, If the cheaper performance boat you speak of is the mindset then the guy who bought my boat would have just bought two of yours.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Registered

Almost forgot...If you think you are going to get ALL the $$$ back you have in your boat....or any boat...you will be just like the other guy on this thread that's had his boat for sale for 3 years. Everything has its value. And unlike a 70 Chevelle...your classic's value is not improving.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Registered

And when you finally take me out on that boat I'll stop talking trash!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Hahahhahaha.. Wow,you took that personally! I was simply saying that you cant compare the sale of your boat to the sale of a Top Gun. Once again some one in this thread offended you by bringing up the "B" word, so you jumped down his throat cause he said something negative about Baja's. I believe it was a joke, but maybe Im wrong. Your very sensitive......are you pregnant? You can call my boat an old ass/classic/antique boat all you want. I actually enjoy wrenching on it. My boat has gone over 80 MPH because I put it there myself, that feels good to me. Plus, if mine is an old ass boat, so is Franks and Charlies. All early nineties boats. So Frank, get your old ass boat ready for Sunday !!!!! I NEVER said "if theres not a #1 on the side, its not worth boating". Ill eat those words if you can quote me on that!...Oh, who is Dominic with the Skater? Dont know him. But if there not a #1 on the side of his boat,....its NO Cigarette!!!!!!Hahahahah!!!! Just kidding
Old 05-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Maybe if you knew what they had IN it with upgrades u would understand.
Or buy a CHEAP one and go for it yourself.
You are right there they do have alot of money into them, but do you really think you would get out all of the money that you put in? or even close it is still a 20+ year old boat and no matter how much money you throw at it the year won't change
Old 05-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Sorry I said the "B" word early in the post and started this mess. I was just joking. I'm just like the older Cigarettes because the hulls are so strong. 1994 and NO stress cracks. The survey company told me a baja will have more stress cracks in the hull in ONE year than a Cigarette will have in 10 years. Older Cigarettes are slower, but built tuff. Anyway, I'll check this post Friday to see what I just started again. By the way... Cigarettes are better!

Last edited by UrbanDisturbance; 05-28-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I am happy I sold my Cigarette Mystique and moved up to my new Cigarette Mistress!! I guess I got lucky and sold mine in 2 months, but it was clean and priced right!! I cant wait to try out my Mistress this weekend, I might keep it for a year, if it runs good.
Attached Thumbnails dont ever sll the cig-dscn0839%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 05-28-2010, 05:40 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
BillR did you sell your boat to a guy in CT? I thought I saw it sitting at the dock yesterday.
Yes, it went to CT. I hope the guy doesn't hurt himself in it, he seemed a bit green.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

While I agree there is no where near the following for old boats as there is for cars, there is still a niche market for restored / updated classic boats. We all know it can get expensive fast to upgrade old hardware, but if you start with a solid foundation, and use quality pieces, you can end up not so upside down. I agree there is some value in the branding. Is a cig a better boat than a baja / formula / scarab / etc? We can argue that all day, but when it comes to "classic" offshore boats, they clearly have a distinctly higher market value compared to most other boats of the same age.

Some of us just like to keep it Old School

-Artie
Old 05-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
LMAO!!

Mine eats my savings account...and gasoline!! But that is still better than having a monthly payment! For instance...this year it's gotten a completely new exhaust system and new cockpit interior. I budget for something to upgrade each year to keep it going instead of running it down until it needs everything done. There always will be the unexpected breakage that happens....that's when it hurts!!
A guy i know, That owns a 86-87 38 Flat deck...PERFECTLY
restored to origional maybe runs it once or twice a year Tol.d me once..."Every time I walk by it in the shop, It makes me smile. Worth keeping her just because of that"
I never forgot him saying that and, I feel the exact same way !

It also happens to be the first big Cigarette to be brought up here, And the one that started this Cigarette addiction for me 111

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.