dont ever sll the cig

Notices

dont ever sll the cig

Old 05-26-2010, 04:45 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I agree - I think the value of my cafe that has been lost (whatever that $$ is) is lost forever.

I am also not sure but I think posting for realistic money and then just not coming off your price much might help generate interest in these boats these days. If I was going to offload mine I would slap a reasonable price on it and set the expectation early on that I wasn't going to budge much.
exactly how I sold mine.....I listed it low, didn't budge on price, after the first person came to see it he bought it and asked why I sold it so cheap!
I asked him if I listed it $10,000 higher would he have driven 600 miles to see it......he said probably not. (The boat was in mint condition though!!!)
Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am shocked at what some are asking for the older ones maybe that's why the same boats are for sale every month.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Maybe if you knew what they had IN it with upgrades u would understand.
Or buy a CHEAP one and go for it yourself.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once they guy that bought my TG saw the boat, he didn't even try to bargain. He said "I'll take it" with in 7-8 minutes of seeing the boat. But I still sold it in this economy, thus I didn't get what "I" thought it was worth.
But now the fun part begins, looking for that next toy.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Unfortunately, the economy and state of the marine industry has killed the values of all of these older boats. If your boat is in good shape, it would have been a 75K-90K boat just a few years ago.....but now with all of the repos and fire sales that have happened...it's not worth 60K. That's the sad reality of the situation. Financing would be tough to get unless someone had stellar credit and a bunch of cash to throw down on it.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm in the same boat. I've got an '88 TopGun with #6 drives and fresh 800's that looks pretty much like new boat. A few years ago I imagine that could have sold it for between 100-120K and now I seriously doubt that I could get 75K for it. I'm just glad it's paid for. I plan to keep it and they can use it for a coffin when I die.

Aint that the truth !.....

I'm with you, Mines not eating anything and I still really enjoy it {Even though i dont run it much}
Old 05-27-2010, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
Aint that the truth !.....

I'm with you, Mines not eating anything and I still really enjoy it {Even though i dont run it much}
LMAO!!

Mine eats my savings account...and gasoline!! But that is still better than having a monthly payment! For instance...this year it's gotten a completely new exhaust system and new cockpit interior. I budget for something to upgrade each year to keep it going instead of running it down until it needs everything done. There always will be the unexpected breakage that happens....that's when it hurts!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Maybe if you knew what they had IN it with upgrades u would understand.
Or buy a CHEAP one and go for it yourself.
Well said!! Take the cheap route it always leads you to the same place.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JBOUTLAW
Thats funny Kev...The value of mine was considerably more than yours. Although yours is an "antique". Maybe there's some value there??
Hahahaha. Everybody loves classics Jason! Mine is like a 70 Chevelle, and yours is like a new Malibu SS. So there are differences. but your comparing a 2007 Baja to a 1992 Cigarette. So to be fair, lets compare the prices of a 2007 Cig to a 2007 Baja and youll find there much more value in the Cig. In this sh!tty market, people can still swing a cheaper performance boat, thats why yours sold so fast. Its funny that your on a Cig thread trying to compare the sale of your Baja to the sale of a Cig !! You should be ashamed. Now seeing you brought my boat into this, the real differences between OUR boats are: I can still get ALL of my money back, even after the new engines. AND, the old classic is STILL faster than your Baja ! But the question I have here is, what an ex-Baja owner doing on a Cigarette thread???Hmmmmmm......I think you would look good in a Top Gun ! ...PS, what kind of boat are you going to be on this weekend?????????
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BillR
Once they guy that bought my TG saw the boat, he didn't even try to bargain. He said "I'll take it" with in 7-8 minutes of seeing the boat. But I still sold it in this economy, thus I didn't get what "I" thought it was worth.
But now the fun part begins, looking for that next toy.
BillR did you sell your boat to a guy in CT? I thought I saw it sitting at the dock yesterday.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Originally Posted by kreed
Hahahaha. Everybody loves classics Jason! Mine is like a 70 Chevelle, and yours is like a new Malibu SS. So there are differences. but your comparing a 2007 Baja to a 1992 Cigarette. So to be fair, lets compare the prices of a 2007 Cig to a 2007 Baja and youll find there much more value in the Cig. In this sh!tty market, people can still swing a cheaper performance boat, thats why yours sold so fast. Its funny that your on a Cig thread trying to compare the sale of your Baja to the sale of a Cig !! You should be ashamed. Now seeing you brought my boat into this, the real differences between OUR boats are: I can still get ALL of my money back, even after the new engines. AND, the old classic is STILL faster than your Baja ! But the question I have here is, what an ex-Baja owner doing on a Cigarette thread???Hmmmmmm......I think you would look good in a Top Gun ! ...PS, what kind of boat are you going to be on this weekend?????????
Kevin don't encourage him to buy a Cigarette he will really kill the market when Mary makes him fire sale it when the second kid comes along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.