Notices

Are Older Flat Decks Selling????

Old 12-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baywatch
Its all about the price Rocky.

Dump or trade the current ride and you will be money ahead with the bargain you get on your new boat. When you look at what you can pick up a TS, Glad, or tiger for it should make you feel much better about a little hit on the old flatdeck.
You're exactly right, Josh. In this market, if you wanna move up, you gotta bite the bullet. Give up a little (less) to gain a lot (more).
Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi There....Cigarettes are one of the most sought after boats on the market...The 38 Flat Deck and the Mistress and even the 36 and they just don't bring a lot of money in these times.
Here is were I am confussed...Try to buy a 41 Apache and I don'r think that you can get one anywhere near the price as the older Cigarettes...Why is that? They are in the same vintage....Is it because there are not a lot of them or is it because of ite reputation... What is your imput of this..
Thank You
Jim
Old 12-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered

Jim, bingo.

It is because the number of Apaches vs. Cigarettes as you guessed.

Every (almost) 41' Apache is known on this sight ... can't come close to that with 38's / 35's Cigs too many ... maybe 36's?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
That's the largest swim platform I have ever seen!
It would not look so big with Arnesons under it!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Still Smokin
Hi There....Cigarettes are one of the most sought after boats on the market...The 38 Flat Deck and the Mistress and even the 36 and they just don't bring a lot of money in these times.
Here is were I am confussed...Try to buy a 41 Apache and I don'r think that you can get one anywhere near the price as the older Cigarettes...Why is that? They are in the same vintage....Is it because there are not a lot of them or is it because of ite reputation... What is your imput of this..
Thank You
Jim
Also, most of the Apaches listed are rigged with fairly serious motors, SSM drives, and have had extensive work to freshen up the upholstry, etc. If you found a Cigarette of similar vintage, rigged the same, and in the same condition, the Apace might still go for a bit more, but probably not by much. Personally, I have an old Mistress, rigged with #5's. I get interested when I see a Top Gun or Flat Deck with big motors and good drives, but click past through the dozens of TRS or Bravo boats. Not to say they won't make someone a great boat to enjoy, but not in the same league as near race-rigged machines that most Apaches are.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank You
Jim
Supply and Demand.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by osen007

1987 Top Gun = 2200 a year
You need a new insurance broker.

That is ridiculous, and about 2.5 times what I pay for my 1990 Cafe Racer.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
You need a new insurance broker.

That is ridiculous, and about 2.5 times what I pay for my 1990 Cafe Racer.
Who do you use.
Mine is 650 for a 86 flatdeck. when I told him about a 87 top gun he said over triple.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Registered

Thank You
Jim
Less Apache's produced compared to Cigarettes. If you keep your eye out and have the cash to pull the trigger you can find a deal on an Apache. A couple months back Performance Boat Brokerage had a late 80's early 90's 41 that sold for around 60k if i recall. It needed work but it was a deal.

Rocky's boat looks solid but i do agree that the interior and swim platform would steer some people away. I guess he needs to take some pictures with 6 hotties dancing on the swim platform, after all sex sells! As it sits i see it selling in the mid to upper 20's.

Jt
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

In the late 80's a new 41 Apache like mine was $400,000.00 new, what where the flat decks new?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.