Old 04-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

All the same but I have 3 joe
Old 04-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't post much because I am more of a lurker but you guys suckered me in on this post.. I don't think any of us boat owners can really say buying a boat at any price is a financially smart decision. Unless you can resell it at a higher price that you put in to it. This doesn't happen often for most. If you buy a brand new Cig for $500k you will lose $200k the first year. If you buy a 5 year old Cig it you will lose who knows how much after a year of repairs and upgrades.....if you buy a 20+ year old Cig you may actually lose less overall because you have put less in it overall.. In other words if you buy this TG thats for sale for $15k and put $60k in it you can only lose as much as $75K because that's all you put into it and I seriously doubt that you would lose all of it in the end. Point... Buy what ever you like and try to pay as little as possible then enjoy....Most of the time buying a boat is not a money making opportunity....If you are a turn key guy... Buy a turn key boat...If you are a tinkerer, then by all means tinker.......
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BRT
I've got a few more pics from the owner. When I get home, I'll post them. They 'ain't good...
send them to my email if its not too much trouble. [email protected]

thanks
tim
Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

88bullet, pics sent. Sorry to the rest, I can't post b/c of my cheap status...

Maybe 88bullet can, thanks.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

I'll post em [email protected]
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Shalom
I don't post much because I am more of a lurker but you guys suckered me in on this post.. I don't think any of us boat owners can really say buying a boat at any price is a financially smart decision. Unless you can resell it at a higher price that you put in to it. This doesn't happen often for most. If you buy a brand new Cig for $500k you will lose $200k the first year. If you buy a 5 year old Cig it you will lose who knows how much after a year of repairs and upgrades.....if you buy a 20+ year old Cig you may actually lose less overall because you have put less in it overall.. In other words if you buy this TG thats for sale for $15k and put $60k in it you can only lose as much as $75K because that's all you put into it and I seriously doubt that you would lose all of it in the end. Point... Buy what ever you like and try to pay as little as possible then enjoy....Most of the time buying a boat is not a money making opportunity....If you are a turn key guy... Buy a turn key boat...If you are a tinkerer, then by all means tinker.......
You type way better than me. I agree 100 percent with your post. It kills me how people put money into older boats only to get beat up on here about not getting there investment back but cheer for those who buy brand new.

For someone looking to re-do/customize an old top gun this boat is priced in the ball park. If I were looking at it, the first thing I would wonder about is the transom good, stringers dry and the core dry. Steering, engines, interior, and drives all can easily be fixed or changed.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

does the moss add to resale??
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun project for sale-cig.jpg   Top Gun project for sale-cigdash.jpg   Top Gun project for sale-cigcabin.jpg  

Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She's a beaut', Clark.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Get the leaf blower out, maybe a little duck tape and it should be good to go. Hard to believe how people treat equipment. There is some value to somone who can part out the boat and sell it piece by piece. I have seen some pretty nice top guns with no power being sold for not much more then 18k, this is definately "ROUGH"
Old 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Wow...why would anyone let a boat sit under a tree or even outside unprotected. That is damn near criminal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.