Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
1989 Cafe Racer inspection tips?! >

1989 Cafe Racer inspection tips?!

Notices

1989 Cafe Racer inspection tips?!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

315duramax who ever told you there is no difference between reg ply and marine ply especially in a transom repair doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground . You obviously do not understand the structural differences between the two products . The up side you fore warned the potential buyers on the site the your product will be sub par and not worth the money. If you are not prepared to do it right don't bother doing it at all .
Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Rick G; 01-16-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick G
315duramax who ever told you there is no difference between reg ply and marine ply especially in a transom repair doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground . You obviously do not understand the structural differences between to two products . The up side you fore warned the potential buyers on the site the your product will be sub par and not worth the money. If you are not prepared to do it right don't bother doing it at all .
Just my 2 cents
what do you know about that stuff?? i mean you only successfully put a notch in a 1985 flatdeck... Dmax remember its never too late to learn something new.
Rick i didnt forget about your poster just been running around like crazy with the holidays and the wedding and work has been a disaster
Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

i do everything correct. not even sure where the wood debate came from either because this boat is sound and dry with no signs of rot anywhere.. so there isnt any need for coring or stringers or transom in this boat. and the shop i work at taught me that, along with other people who do the same. my job warrantee's everything so if regular ply was so God aweful im not sure how they would be in business because we have done 3 transoms in the past month. Along with never having a customer come back to fix it.. my 2 cents.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I don't understand why you don't let us know the name of your (the) shop? Seem if you want to show it off it wouldn't be a secret.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I don't understand why you don't let us know the name of your (the) shop? Seem if you want to show it off it wouldn't be a secret.
no it is not my shop where i work at. i own a landscape company in the on season and work at a boat glass shop on the off season to keep me occupied between school and not landscaping. and honestly, because i dont want any negativity going towards the shop. its not their problem trying to convince any one of you one way or the other.. people who know what they are doing know the way to do it. and as long as no water intrusion is exposed to normal ply and it is sealed in glass, the ply WILL last just as long as marine. the people who dont, are tough over the computer and google before they post.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...fs_patrol.html

this is one of the funniest articles ive read in a long time
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks 88bullet no worries no rush what ever is good for you . I will post some more pics in my thread , bilge is painted and starboard gimbal installed . Hope to see you on lake O this summer .

315duramax let's just agree that your idea of doing things correctly and mine are different .

Rick G.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Sorry you lost out on buying the boat,,,it sucks how sometimes things work out but at the end it all happens for a reason,,,

I know I will get $hit for this but,,,,I do not think we should be blaming 315duramax,,,did he really do anything wrong? the boat was for sale and he bought it,,
I put blame on the Marina for selling a boat they had a deposit on,,,,
with that been said,,,it does not sound like the deal was handled correctly from the start,,,why put a non refundable deposit on a boat and then try to arrange inspection??if the inspector came back to you and told you the boat needed 30k in repairs you would more than likely walked away from it and lost your deposit or called your credit card and disputed charges,,,
I think you should have paid for the boat in full and worried about conditioned once you had boat in your possesion or inspected boat before deposit was made,,,
Not sure it was clear to the Marina that the deal was 100% done since you still wanted boat surveyed,,,

sorry do not want to upset anyone but ask yourself,,,you got one guy with money ready to take boat of your lot, so do you sale it to him or wait for the other guy to have boat inspected 1st,,,

I know it suck but you learn and move on,,,been there done that,,,

one of the lessons I learned long ago is,,never start a thread about a boat you want to buy before its actually yours.....

I am sure your upset now but I think you will find a boat you could be happy with
Great post! Unfortunate circumstances but true. Assuming 315duramax truly did not find the add via this thread, the seller is the one that should be flamed.

FullWhack - something better will come along, season is still early. Good Luck!

315duramax - wish you the best with your Café, they are great boats!! I would suggest you move past this thread as I doubt you are going to change anyone's mind about your boat purchase or your future plans for the boat. Good Luck!

Chad
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why doesn't marina just credit back the credit card if they took the deposit on a card. Isn't that then norm? Just sayin
Old 01-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
There's a fb version also?! What's the name I can search? Feeling left out!
Oh yes.. there's a whole thread very similar to this one going on in the Powerboat Swap Shop group... This thread is like driving by a bad car wreck; you know there's gonna be crap everywhere, but you just can't help stopping to look..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.