Notices

teaser

Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still wanna know why your name is DURAMAX and your sporting a dodge?

BTW nice shop!!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

is the 315 from the area code in syracuse or from the tire size on the truck
Old 02-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Food for thought. I'd check around that area for a reputable shop. There's some big name options out there that I would consider using for a project like this. They're reputable for a reason. When I hear someone say they have a buddy that knows "a guy" that makes me nervous.

Take a look at my Bullet thread. That shop is one of the best options in that area. I'm sure there's a couple more too.

It sounds like you plan to flip this boat. I understand that to make a profit of any kind you have to watch your pennies. I also know that cutting corners will adversely affect the sale price too.

That's my $.02 worth. You can keep the change.

Buck
buck, your interior is SWEET. i talked to carter yesterday cause i was having a PITA pulling the rear seat. and the shop who did that is WAY outta my budget. and ive seen the work ralph has done, i think the shop is called at the lake upholstery. i feel confident in his work. im going to check around locally and see what deal i can get but ive seen quotes from 5000 to 8000 just for a cockpit and that isnt possible on this one.

Full Force... these hitches are rated to 10000lbs. ive pulled our personal boats up to 12,000 as well as hauling down south with this hitch with no problem with them. just gotta be easy on the brakes and fun pedal.

MTITRIM- thanks! its hard to get it heated ATM but a salamander is doing fine for stripping, but going to have to wait till spring to paint.. going to insulate it over the summer for next winter. along with an over head I - beam crane hoist. have a buddy with a bunch of huge bridge I- Beams so were going to rig up a 4 corner support bolted into the concrete floor, with a double trolly system so i can move boats all around. i need to do this boat, bottom paint on my parents 330ss and fix a bunch of chips on my ski boat all by memorial day. got my work cut out for me! the land lord still has a bunch of **** in here so im waiting for him to move everything out still... lol

got the cockpit pulled out in 2 hours. pulling the floor tomorrow to inspect tank area. havent found any rot yet, the wood on the bolsters and cockpit is still in really good shape which im very surprised.

last 2 pictures for a while

Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

and i used to drive a duramax when i made this acct, sold it cause it had 250k miles on it and bought this 700hp cummins... that im trying to trade for a lifted dually.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
buck, your interior is SWEET. i talked to carter yesterday cause i was having a PITA pulling the rear seat. and the shop who did that is WAY outta my budget. and ive seen the work ralph has done, i think the shop is called at the lake upholstery. i feel confident in his work. im going to check around locally and see what deal i can get but ive seen quotes from 5000 to 8000 just for a cockpit and that isnt possible on this one.

Full Force... these hitches are rated to 10000lbs. ive pulled our personal boats up to 12,000 as well as hauling down south with this hitch with no problem with them. just gotta be easy on the brakes and fun pedal.

MTITRIM- thanks! its hard to get it heated ATM but a salamander is doing fine for stripping, but going to have to wait till spring to paint.. going to insulate it over the summer for next winter. along with an over head I - beam crane hoist. have a buddy with a bunch of huge bridge I- Beams so were going to rig up a 4 corner support bolted into the concrete floor, with a double trolly system so i can move boats all around. i need to do this boat, bottom paint on my parents 330ss and fix a bunch of chips on my ski boat all by memorial day. got my work cut out for me! the land lord still has a bunch of **** in here so im waiting for him to move everything out still... lol

got the cockpit pulled out in 2 hours. pulling the floor tomorrow to inspect tank area. havent found any rot yet, the wood on the bolsters and cockpit is still in really good shape which im very surprised.
Thank you for the kind words.

Sounds like you have it under control. Just making sure you don't paint yourself in a corner. You are definitely talking to the right people from the sounds of it.

Best of luck with the built. Keep us updated on progress.

Buck
Old 02-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

hmmm how heavy is boat and trailer? yaaaaa..... over 10,000...... be careful them things are not solid steel... don't trust them....
Old 02-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

and i used to drive a duramax when i made this acct, sold it cause it had 250k miles on it and bought this 700hp cummins... that im trying to trade for a lifted dually.
dyno sheet please.... not magazine hp...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

The smarty adds 300+ the cold air intake is 25, lol
Old 02-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

FYI, I bent a hitch years ago pulling my 35 fountain. It was rated for 12k. I now use only solid shank receivers that exceed the rating. Mine bent, your cast aluminum will snap!!! I know you are a risk taker but this is not something to fool with. I was your age and had your enthusiasm not long ago so please don't heed this advice.

Interior- you do what you want but my PERSONAL experience with Ralph was not that good. While his work is fair, the amount of time he took (3 month overstay) and dodging my calls was unacceptable. I had to drive 4 hours and stand over them to get it finished and that's unacceptable. Tell me your plan if that happens, and please don't say have a friend go check on it or push Ralph bc I've been there and done it.

Good luck
Old 02-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

these hitches are rated to 10000lbs. ive pulled our personal boats up to 12,000 as well as hauling down south with this hitch with no problem with them. just gotta be easy on the brakes and fun pedal.
As I have said before, I am NOT trying to dog you.... Your drive, determination and enthusiasim is refreshing given the lack of motivation and sense of entitlement of todays youth (god Im sounding like the old fart I swore I was never going to become). Hitches aren't expensive....

When I was younger, I got mowed down in a crosswalk by a 16 your old girl in her mazda as she was putting on makeup in the rear view mirror on her way to work.

I layed a sportster down when a lady looking over her shoulder yelling at her kid blew a stopsign...

Chit happens, when some kid in his Hyundai pulls out in front of you you will not have a choice about the easy on the brakes thing.And your insurance company is going to look real hard to find a reason not to pay a huge claim because the kid is dead or severly phucked up because he got stupid.

Starting as young as you are and with the drive you have you could really turn yourself into a major name in powerboat world in time, Don't run the risk of throwing that away amd ruin your future over a $50 receiver hitch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.