Notices

teaser

Old 04-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Been here done this on a Cafe all labor on me stripped it to bare hull repainted it and reassembled. Fresh motors drives engine hatch ect. It always goes above planned budget that is with out question. I had 540 tall decks full steering updated dash ect. It's a lot if work and money. If you have access to a machine shop some parts are non existent so that is you only option. The cabin door latch is one thing that comes to mind.
ya i have access to a full machine shop. family friend owns one of the biggest machine shops in the area. ya, my budget is getting stretched atm. not going to stay with in my initial plan but a little extra should get it all done. prepping for paint as we speak. about a week to get all the sanding and prep work done, then HOPEFULLY in paint the week after. mean while im getting the motors stripped down for paint. trying to decide what i want to do for the dash. was going to do livorsi, but looking for just some white faced gauges if anyone has them for sale! and sydwayz, yes i know its possible for that to happen... though with a truck as tall as mine, a 2'' drop hitch which you posted will not let the boat ride level... im learning a ton and not trying to teach. btw.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Thurough Ebay searching. Ifoy my Gaffrig monster set, carbon faces, gps speedo with antenna for well under half retail, all new and with senders. great lakes skipper on ebay usually has some nice deals.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
ya i have access to a full machine shop. family friend owns one of the biggest machine shops in the area. ya, my budget is getting stretched atm. not going to stay with in my initial plan but a little extra should get it all done. prepping for paint as we speak. about a week to get all the sanding and prep work done, then HOPEFULLY in paint the week after. mean while im getting the motors stripped down for paint. trying to decide what i want to do for the dash. was going to do livorsi, but looking for just some white faced gauges if anyone has them for sale! and sydwayz, yes i know its possible for that to happen... though with a truck as tall as mine, a 2'' drop hitch which you posted will not let the boat ride level... im learning a ton and not trying to teach. btw.
Just a couple clicks in gets here:
http://www.curtmfg.com/Category/168/...ge=1#tab=parts

It's the left mouse button (usually).
Old 04-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Trucks tow ratings are at factory height and factory wheels, if you alter that you may as well not tow with it... lifted trucks especially that big are for show, not work...
Old 04-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

What are you using for paint/primer/clear? If the boat is already "sold" how can you change plans. Isn't the owner / buyer expecting 1 thing and you deliever another? Seems a bit fuzzy to me on exacally what is going to happen. If it's your boat to keep then change of mind happens along the way all the time. But if your budget it now ashes and you agreed to a certain offering and you don't follow threw do to under estimating the build that would not be on the buyer. Not kicking your nuts in just in wonderment here.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
What are you using for paint/primer/clear? If the boat is already "sold" how can you change plans. Isn't the owner / buyer expecting 1 thing and you deliever another? Seems a bit fuzzy to me on exacally what is going to happen. If it's your boat to keep then change of mind happens along the way all the time. But if your budget it now ashes and you agreed to a certain offering and you don't follow threw do to under estimating the build that would not be on the buyer. Not kicking your nuts in just in wonderment here.
understandable.. i have a family friend who owns half of the city, who i do landscaping for, he's been interested ever since i brought the boat home. he has contacted me multiple times asking when itll be done, and what the price tag is. legally, no its not "sold" yet, he hasnt paid up for anything, its my boat build. but he has had a bunch of input and he is a VERY hot buyer. but, i gotta get back to the shop, full day of sanding coming up hoping to get it into paint within 2 weeks. and its going to be with a PPG base clear system, OR Dupont Exalta, which ever one i can get a better price on through our paint guy. and sick stinger, i know how to run a business.. if i mess something up, thats on me. obviously.. lol

so if yall wanna go back and forth about my truck (which i just sold btw) and im buying a lifted dually this week about how everything is going to blow up if i tow with a lifted truck go ahead. im towing boats under 15,000lbs im not towing 60' yachts with a 15" lift lol 6" is just fine. and for the doubters, show up to the alex bay poker run. well be there. heck just say "im a hater from OSO" and ill let ya drive it!

later guys. ill post pics once its in paint
Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Still love the 19 year old I know it all mentality.... I was young once but listened to people who knew better... 14,000 lbs lifted truck crap hitch... Great idea... You kill my family I kill you ...
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Why doesn't that guy give you the money for the boat now if he wants it so bad? Or if he's so loaded give you the coin to go get that 46 skater?
Old 04-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

who is the buyer?? i know quite a few extremely wealthy people in syracuse. My mother is the manager of the country club where they all hang out lol
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard Donald Trump was in Syracuse recently. Coincidence ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.