Cigarette Topgun >

Cigarette Topgun

Notices

Cigarette Topgun

Old 10-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
B18cls69, you feed both engines and both intercoolers with that pick up ?
Put a Tee in bilge ?

same as frick.

they each feed the sea strainers then to a 2 stage pump but then I have a common outlet with a -16 teed off the pump to feed the intercooler. I may separate them like fricks. Just not sure yet
Old 10-08-2021, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Here's an old picture, you can barely see it. They are fixed mount. Provide great flow, and good for 5-15 psi depending on speed, never had an issue. I forget what size feeding the big Hardin dual stage strainers 1-1/4"? Like B18 above, it also has the drain plugs through the mounting plate. It's a nice setup, I think mine were custom made. Possibly off the shelf, forget this was about 6-7 years ago. They stick under the running surface but not much, maybe 1/4" .

B18, where yours are full dia, facing forward, mine are cut more like the bottom surface of the hull (flush). Water almost shoots "up" into them. Picture all that force pushing down from the hull, when the water leaves the back edge of the running surface, there is a lot of pressure (displacement) that is relieved and in turn pressurizes the pickup tube. This way you create less drag (but on the non step hulls I would bet any "speed gain" very minimal)

i most likely am going to end up back cutting the lower tubes so they aren’t hanging below the surface.
Old 10-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 775 Likes on 294 Posts

Looks like I just need to make one I’ll add that to the list that’s a mile along !!
Old 10-08-2021, 08:07 PM
Registered

Floor extension ready to be glassed in

Last little bit of work in the cabin at entrance worki mg my way out !!!!

Coming together!!
The following 2 users liked this post by division1:
Bfoodman (10-12-2021), thisistank (10-08-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Registered

Last little bit working my out of the cabin

Trimmed the top of the outside stringers to make the platforms stringers look nice 😊

Through bolted 3/8 thick angle for the floor extension to sit on I’m going to put a layer of 5200 and drill and tap the angle and put a few flush bolts in it as well
The following 3 users liked this post by division1:
Bfoodman (10-14-2021), IGetWet (10-13-2021), Indy (10-13-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like your making good progress.... Post a video on You Tube - LOL. Can you explain why the floor extension was necessary? Are you moving the cabin door and dash consoles forward?
Old 10-14-2021, 11:27 AM
Registered

Well how that all came about is this …… these 90s Topgun’s have the liner for the cabin that is set in before the deck was installed. The liners were tabbed in in 4 places. Every single 90s boat I have seen the liner os broke loose and moves around I set up a go pro and slowed down the replay and right as you enter the cabin it was moving about 3 inches witch in return makes cracks around the cabin door entry trim and do on. After cutting the entire liner out we decided it was time to do the new style step door modification. Those pieces are deeper that the old ones and require a flat bull head to back them. This design offer so much more strength in that area then the old set up. The boat was so far apart at that time we decided it was time. Once the extension is installed the entire floor will get 2 layers on top so you won’t be able to see the extension. And it will be stronger than ever lol
The following users liked this post:
Bfoodman (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

So your boat had a head etc. I can see you stripped the cabin and added bulkheads. So one extra bulkhead? Any thoughts on weight and balance issues with the removal of the liner? You will be much lighter up front (I think I read that you removed around 1,000 lbs. of weight) will the weight reduction impact increase the porpoising or is that sort of a non-issue? The work looks fantastic it will be great to see you begin to rig it! Thanks for explaining. Much appreciated!
Old 10-14-2021, 07:24 PM
Registered

No prob so my liner had 0 bulk heads that went from deck to floor so all three I put in are new. It gave the deck tremendous out of strength walking down it. We took out 1548 pounds of liner / wiring / plumbing from the cabin. We have kept track of every gram of resin and weighed all the wood pieces and stringers. We will have our back almost 600 pounds. So all in all we shaved 1000 from the cabin should be good for 5-6 mph. Know all the race people I have talked to said you want the weight in the rear of the boat so we’ll see how true it holds. But I did talk to a few guys that have f2 boats and one guy who cut out his liner and he said it rides so much better. We will see. Another mod I’m doing is mounting the tabs level on the back of the boat instead of at the 22 degree angle there at. I have done a lot of research and rode on a boat with them done it was a cafe and wow it was a big different hoping to have the cabin wrapped up this weekend. I have the white Pearl sticker coming as well !
The following 2 users liked this post by division1:
Bfoodman (10-15-2021), Helmwurst (10-16-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Great job , I love these kinds of projects . Just a thought you may want to reach out to a member here thats goes by Kvogt . He did a complete redo on a flat deck like mine , gutted cabin, arneson drives etc. I my opinion nicest flat deck out there followed by ICEDDPLL . If I remember correctly he had center of gravity issues as a result of taking too much weight of the bow and had to add weight to make it work . I agree on straight bottom hulls more wieght to the stern is good but too much may cause issues . Keep up the amazing work . Cheers RG.
The following users liked this post:
J-Bonz (10-16-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.