Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Where is the Betty Cook Scarab? >

Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Notices

Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Originally Posted by Top Banana
We are working on 6 different designs and they will be pretty much the way the old boats and teams looked at the time.

The company is pricing them out and we are discussing the amounts to order....they will be available both online and at Key West this year.

www.historicraceboats.com
So you think you'll have some KAAMA shirts in KW this year?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

Default Shirts

I WAS ON THE HISTORIC RACE BOAT SITE AND THERE ARE SHIRTS FOR SALE WITH THE LOGOS...
Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Hey Bulldog - come on dude, you're holding out on us with some pics!!!!
You have to admit, that KAAMA paint job - whichever boat it was on - was one of the most recognizable of "Classic" Offshore.
I would love to find one of the old Kamma's and be restoring just like Rat is doing with the Mic Light.
I'll take one of these anyday over a brand new ??????(fill it in yourself) cat that's doing 170 mph - with a paint job that involves 30 colors....

Where can I get a long sleeve T-shirt printed like the one Betty is wearing in the pic Fred posted??
Old 06-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SLICKSTEVE
I WAS ON THE HISTORIC RACE BOAT SITE AND THERE ARE SHIRTS FOR SALE WITH THE LOGOS...
Funny you brought this up.
I bought one as soon as they were available - hell, it was kinda my idea in the first place.
A few weeks ago I had a bout with some poison (Ivy, Oak, Sumac, something) and was itching like crazy across my chest, and down my right arm. The wife brought home some Calamine lotion (yeah the pink stuff). I happened to be wearing the shirt - took it off, and coated myself in lotion. Put the shirt back on. It soaked into the shirt, and I've tried everything to get it out.
I need to order another one.
Charlie - do you still have any in a Large?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 227 Likes on 89 Posts

Sure just click on the site and you can order right from the store.

The latest 1,000 photos of races from the 60's thru the 80's have just opened up in the diamond anchor section.....enjoy and thanks for your support everyone.

www.historicraceboats.com
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Charlie - I usually check your site every couple days to see what's new, and I love it!
I'll order up a replacement shirt in the next few days.
Are you still going to be in Key West this year?? I'm starting to plan my travel/vacation time, and want to make sure I get a chance to introduce myself and shake your hand.

Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I'm using your quote in my signature - I probably should have asked first, but as soon as I read it, the words ment something to me.

Last edited by bouyhunter; 06-19-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a few words...
Old 06-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
Looking at the picture of Betty Cook sitting on the back of the bolster makes me wonder just what happened to offshore racing? There just doesn't seem to be very identifiable "characters" in offshore these days. Much less colorful than in the past.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.
Yeep you ARE old Fred HA HA HA.

I love these pics of Betty Cook. What speed did the have these days?

What about these "characters" Fred....
(the second pic Johnny & Stigge)
Attached Thumbnails Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?-str%F6mma.jpg   Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?-cape9.jpg  
Old 06-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Registered

I really like those pics! Especially the one with Johnny and Stigge! Was that before or after the race?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I worked for Betty Cook for 6 1/2 years. I never once heard her complain after a race.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

When you got the boat, was it still painted in Kaama colors? As I recall, Betty sold her last Scarab to Ron Hirshberg. He kept the Kaama colors, but changed the name to Revenge. He was in the clothing manufacturing business. He got a contract with Addias to make socks. He then painted the boat a light yellow, and named it Soxcess. I was the crew chief on the boat. He later passed away. I was wondering, if you have the same boat?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

After Betty retired from racing, She still wanted her employees to have a job. So with some input from John Connor, She created Kaama Marine Engineering. They started out building hi-perf marine production engines. They then did a lot of R&D on the Arnesson surface drive. After having a falling out with Howard Arnesson, they decided to build the Kaama drive.

Quick Reply: Where is the Betty Cook Scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.