Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also told today that Donzi will be taking pictures of the build for me. Should be getting the first pictures sometime early next week.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

That is good to hear Andy. Good luck!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered

cool thread good luck with the new boat. I really like that black boat, but it will be harder to care off down the road.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi Andy
The quick and quiet is a factory offered option, and I am sure that Donzi would not offer such an option if it would not work. I do know that the system for the 496 and the 525 are different, so I am sure everything will workout fine.

And as far as the 27 ZR being expensive and small for its size... I don't know what you would suggest for an alternative. The 28 sunsation with blue power is more money and something like a baja 26 outlaw with blue power maybe less money without the customization, then again it isn't built off of race proven technology an won't run anything close to 80 mph.

Congrats on the purchase and hopefully everything works out!

I think you would pleasantly surprised with the performance of a 26 Outlaw with the 525 EFI upgrade. I cant speak for the 26 OL but I know of a 25 OL with the 525 EFI upgrade that runs mid 80's. It is all stock except for an extension box.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

The old 26 outlaw with the 525 only ran about 74. The dealer I bought the Donzi from actually has a 26 with 525 through brokerage. I looked at baja by fountain, but wasn't impressed with pricing or what you got for the money. Donzi was willing to customize anything I wanted. So, we will wait and see how everything turns out. The first pictures should be in next week.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered

As of tuesday, the boat has NOT started production. I was told that production of boats has slowed to building one boat at a time. And staff has been reduced to the point that they are only able to produce a boat at a time while keeping the highest quality. At this time, I can't get a date nailed down for the start of production. Although they are telling me that the boat will be ready by Memorial day weekend. They have made me some offers for being patient, but in the big picture I am still without a boat. All I can say is that I know the 27 is nothing compared to some of the stuff that Donzi produces, but come on. I didn't know that it could be so frustrating to try to give someone over a 100K and have them lead me on to know where. I am sure that plenty of builders would love to take my money. Hopefully things will workout, but I am not very optimistic at this point. Next week, I think I will put a call into my contacts at Donzi and try to get some answers that me dealer can't provide. My dealer is even frustated with the deal. The dealer is losing a deal because the boat can't be closed until the boat is assigned a HIN. Wish me luck, I think I am gonna need it.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patience Andy,

It will be worth the wait!

Mark

PS, Is Carpentersville near Chicago?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Carpentersville is about 35 miles northwest of Chicago.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi Andy
As of tuesday, the boat has NOT started production. I was told that production of boats has slowed to building one boat at a time. And staff has been reduced to the point that they are only able to produce a boat at a time while keeping the highest quality. At this time, I can't get a date nailed down for the start of production. Although they are telling me that the boat will be ready by Memorial day weekend. They have made me some offers for being patient, but in the big picture I am still without a boat. All I can say is that I know the 27 is nothing compared to some of the stuff that Donzi produces, but come on. I didn't know that it could be so frustrating to try to give someone over a 100K and have them lead me on to know where. I am sure that plenty of builders would love to take my money. Hopefully things will workout, but I am not very optimistic at this point. Next week, I think I will put a call into my contacts at Donzi and try to get some answers that me dealer can't provide. My dealer is even frustated with the deal. The dealer is losing a deal because the boat can't be closed until the boat is assigned a HIN. Wish me luck, I think I am gonna need it.
That has got to be frustrating!! How serious are you on entertaining thoughts of moving on to another brand??
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks,

I would be trying to bust the deal and pick up a clean used 27ZR at this point. You could pick up one of those for cheap, customize the hell out of it and still be way ahead of the game.

Either that or I would be stacking up the concessions so high it would be very painful.

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.