Single engine V...random drive thought >

Single engine V...random drive thought

Notices

Single engine V...random drive thought

Old 05-20-2018, 03:32 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Simplest and still very reliable would be an SCX with an SC lower.
I agree with Griff here. After wrecking several XR drives behind 800HP pushing a 26 cat I purchased an IMCO SCX upper/SC lower. The SCX upper has 5 inch gears compared to XR 3.5 inch gears. After 1.5 seasons I fractured the SC lower case. Last Fall PBC installed a DriveGuardian (clutch that replaces your coupler) and a new SC lower. I’m hoping this is the best combo for our setup, time will tell. We spin a 34 pitch B1 prop to 5600 RPM.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 124 Posts

I think I have an advantage here being Nordics are laid up pretty light...even tho it is a single engine 28 it weighs less than 5000 lbs which is lighter than most..i think hahaha...so as long as I'm easy out of the hole and be careful launching it I think I'll be able to get away with a little less in the drive dept...I plan to spin a labbed 30 bravo if I can..it has a 28 bravo on it now and I'm hoping the extra HP will allow me to spin the 30 efficiently
Old 05-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1,319 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind

I agree with Griff here. After wrecking several XR drives behind 800HP pushing a 26 cat I purchased an IMCO SCX upper/SC lower. The SCX upper has 5 inch gears compared to XR 3.5 inch gears. After 1.5 seasons I fractured the SC lower case. Last Fall PBC installed a DriveGuardian (clutch that replaces your coupler) and a new SC lower. I’m hoping this is the best combo for our setup, time will tell. We spin a 34 pitch B1 prop to 5600 RPM.
How many hours was 1.5 seasons?
Old 05-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix

How many hours was 1.5 seasons?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Registered

Old 05-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SecondWind

How did the drive guardian work out?!! Did it free spin at all after getting on the sticks from reentry? “like a smoked clutch”?