Drive shower for high x dimension >

Drive shower for high x dimension

Notices

Drive shower for high x dimension

Old 01-28-2022, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
I know you didn't, but you did say the prop forced water into the shower.

I know there are variations of drive showers.
But speaking of Simrek.
Go to 3:50 in video below. The pickups are pointing forward and way ahead of the aft tips of the prop.
I'm not saying there is no way. But I'm not believing that any water is being forced into that shower by the prop!
Aside from the Simrek. I think they still need to be in the flow of water to be force fed by that. Not the prop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPOqoLWLwPg
That type of pickup, on a bravo 3 with the cav plate at or below the surface that’s not coming close to surfacing, yes definitely using the the flow of water to force it up. But all those imco or sportmaster lowers with a drive shower? Why even bother with a sportmaster lower if it’s that deep in the water?

A quick phone call to the manufacturer would probably solve all of this too
Old 01-28-2022, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by dru
Guess we have ourselves a science project!! 😆📐✏️📚
Someone needs to tie their boat off so it won't move and peg the throttles.
And film if the drive shower is spraying.
The following users liked this post:
Smitty275 (06-27-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

I know you didn't, but you did say the prop forced water into the shower. "Quote"

Yea/No mine were completely different design then those in the video. Mine went thru the cav plate as far back as possible and all four pick ups where 2 inches straight down with the holes facing the prop. trust me they had more then enough water from the prop. keep in mind the pick ups were 2 inches below the cav plate.
I assume each hull and depth of drive will vary but in this case it was great.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
But all those imco or sportmaster lowers with a drive shower? Why even bother with a sportmaster lower if it’s that deep in the water?
Because they are just raising the prop shaft, not the plate. They want to raise the X. Drive shower is an afterthought.

A quick phone call to the manufacturer would probably solve all of this too
If I do and they don't say what you want to hear. Will you then say that's only pertaining to the brand I called?
Old 01-28-2022, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cheech
Because they are just raising the prop shaft, not the plate. They want to raise the X. Drive shower is an afterthought.

If I do and they don't say what you want to hear. Will you then say that's only pertaining to the brand I called?
Lol. I say whatever you want cheech. I couldn’t care less. I just found it surprising that some actually think the cav plate on these hi performance boats are below the water line.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:29 PM
Registered

Lol. I say whatever you want cheech. I couldn’t care less. I just found it surprising that some actually think the cav plate on these hi performance boats are below the water line.
Oh I don't think they are below. Depends on the situation as to how much they are out, probably most only slightly.

But just like the OP and the reason for this thread. I'm of the mindset that the drive shower isn't being fed in some situations. Not even by the prop.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:38 PM
Registered

I don’t know how a prop spinning at say 3300rpm (motor at 4950rpm for example), or 55 revs per second, that’s less than an inch away, isn’t forcing a lot of water up the drive shower pickup.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 01-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I put a tee in the pressure line coming out of the sea pump. Then i ran a 1/4" line to the drive shower. Supplies plenty of water.
The following users liked this post:
1983ScarabIII (03-16-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 03:14 PM
dru
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

TBC. Great idea. No doubt that works and gives you pressure at all times. Especially at higher rpm when most needed. May look into that idea. Thanks for the idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.