Notices
Formula

Funny tread in General Discussion

Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
Originally Posted by Slick02
I'm on my 3rd Formula.......... the term Gentleman's performance boat is an excellent way to describe the Formula

Right out of the pages of Powerboat magazine!!

Dave

I don't know about that. But I was the one that made that seemingly favorable comment here in this thread.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter where it came from, the description is a very accurate one.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raytart
The paint vs gel is just one mans opinion (mine) as is the style of the graphics. And yes, gel is much more difficult to repair than paint. Let's just hope that none of us ever need to have either done.
A friend of mine has a Formula from 1991. During the boating season we both keep our Formula boats in slips at the same marina. Basically the boats are outside in the sun every day during the season. I can tell you the Formula from 1991 still looks like a new boat after having been polished every spring, and it only gets wax this one time. The Imron graphics are simply awsome. That paint so durable I can't believe it. Gelcoat stands no chance in comparison in my opinion. I have yet to see a boat with colored gelcoat that sits outside in the sun for more than 15 years where there is absolutely no fading of the colors, even though it has been well maintained.
The great condition of my friends Formula convinced me to buy a Formula. I was real tired of trying to keep the gelcoat looking good on my previous boat. I had a professional to help me and also spent much energy myself polishing and waxing and stuff, but in the end it faded so much that a paint job was needed.