Funny tread in General Discussion

Notices
Formula

Funny tread in General Discussion

Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe on Monday, pics are on my computer at work. I've had problems in the past trying to upload them.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

check the latest in GD...

Formula has "lousy graphics"

and

Nordic's tooling is far superior the Formula...something to that effect.

Tooling huh? How many boats/parts a year get popped from that tooling? What is the demand on the tooling and how would it hold up in terms of repetition/quality if real production number demands were placed on it?

Quick to call Nordics' tooling "far superior" don't 'ya think?
I mean there might be some nice shapes there, but there is more to it than that.

Graphics:
What one man considers "lousy" 98% of the boating world calls "classy" and "timeless". Now some of the Platinum offering have been bordering on risky for long term appeal, but hey if it goes totaly out of acceptable style...change them. It's paint!

Have fun in the real boating world long-term caring for and repairing in-gel colors/graphics, fine for some Lake Havasu trailered garage queen...
durability/repairability not a strong suit in this regard as compared to Imron paint.
we'll see what those gel colors look like in 5, 10 or better yet 20 summers of UV and real world boating use.
and how well the often trendy west coast inspired graphics and colors stand the test of time.
How many Formula's do we know personally that are 20 years old and show simply phenomenal for their age? If not mistaken for as new by the casual observer?
What's that say?

I hope the thread keeps going. It's a wake-up call as to how many don't know their *** from a hole in the ground.
Not just in terms of the Formula product, but generally.

Having been here a few years now I also remember several Nordic horror stories...but I won't bash- they make a "pretty" and "sexy" boat to look at

Just changed ownership huh? Hmmm...that right there would steer me away.
ZERO term track record of present ownership standing behind the product.

Not an issue with the Porters.

The Formula family feeling, combined with the aura of quality about the boats which in turn promotes incredible pride in ownership.
There's nothing like it in production boatbuilding and you won't know the difference until you own one, period.

Is that pretty close?

Last edited by Rippem; 02-01-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
I'll go first...

Give 'em a little more power than Rippem has and they will most likely meet your speed goal. You want a faster boat? Look for a brand that spends more time on their bottom technology (ie: Fountain). My $.02

Dave

And I quote. So the shameless plug was here before I ever posted. So there!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Dave,I ve been a boat dealer for 41 years,sold just lots of brands over the years,sold Formula for 16 years. There is no boat company with customer support even close to Formula. Need a wiring diagram for a 25 year old Formula,they send it no charge. Need an emblem or a swim platform gasket for a 25 year old Formula, they are in stock. Many companies can't supply parts for 5 year old boats. Check the thread here from the guy from Norway,wanting the PB test of his 87 242,Daryl sent it to him no charge. Their tech assistance group (TAG) is the model for any boat company to follow,but I don't know of any that do.If I have ever had an unhappy Formula owner,they never told me about it. Coming to Bham Show? Got passes and a 353 for you. Robert
I will second that when I needed dimensions to set up my lift for the steps.Called tech support they emailed me the blue print for the bottom took 5 minutes
Old 02-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

The simple point you cannot refute is the Formula build quality, price point, and customer support. Everything else is just a matter of opinion.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:30 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

TCBoss302
Apparently you know Robert or your in his area.....If you decide on Formula, Robert is just the kind of people Formula wants working for them. My 382 came from him and although I'm 700-800 miles away, it went as smoothly as buying from my neighbor.
A buddy has a 35 Nordic and it's a fast boat that looks resonably well built. When HE compared it to Formula he said he wanted a fast boat and didn't mind dealing with a boat that didn't ride as well in the rough since he didn't get out in "big" water very often anyway....speed was worth the occasional beating in his eyes.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Rippem, trying to upload a picture of my boat,off my computer at work, and keep getting an error message. What the hell am I doing wrong?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Registered

being semi-consious and on my first cup of coffee it might be easier if you email it to me for now. check pm's
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

here 'ya go! Had to downsize it about 1000 pxl both ways for the site software to handle it. click twice and maximize screen.
Attached Thumbnails Funny tread in General Discussion-292.jpg  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Thanks, Rip I owe ya one !!

Quick Reply: Funny tread in General Discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.