Notices
Formula

Funny tread in General Discussion

Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny tread in General Discussion

Titled "35 Nordic vs 353". I won't respond there cause I don't want to use GD to try to sell a boat.But it is interesting.Read it and see what you think.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I responded to it in the GD. Other than both being 35' boats, it is like comparing apples to oranges. Two totally different animals IMO. I love the looks and speed of a Flame, but if I'm investing that kind of money in a ride I'm putting it into the superiorly constructed boat.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What ever comment that I would make would just end up pi$$ing somebody off, so I will remain neutral. But then again, you can see what I bought.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

not even worth replying to in GD.

resale on a Nordic implied to be better than a Formula?
what about brand recognition?
factory support, even well down the road?
Formula an "old man's boat?

what a joke that thread and a couple of the posts are...
Old 01-31-2008, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I can't believe none of you guys called them on the
" only does 75 with 525's"
( post # 3)

Some of the backers of the lesser know, smaller
volume builders get a little exited at times

I'm a Baja owner, we get this crap daily

Formula builds a nice boat

Last edited by JaayTeee; 01-31-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I can't believe none of you guys called them on the
only does 75 with 525's
( post # 3)

that was especially entertaining...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm the guy that started the tread in GD and I would love to here your thoughts on the Formula. Are these 2 boats truly apples to oranges?? I have recently (last weekend) been on both of these boats and the fit and finish on both seem to be great. I would agree that name recognition is going to be MUCH better with the Formula. Don't know about support as I have never owned either of these boats.

Instead of a comparison, can you all tell me why you went with Formula? Thanks again and I certainly did not intend for my thread in GD to be negative toward Formula. In fact, I may be buying one very soon!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

who wants to step up first.

Ragged?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll go first...

I've owned three Formulas. The customer support, even on the older ones, was spot on. From all the other threads i've seen this is the norm. The owners of boats from other manufactures seem to always bit*h about support. Never happens here on the Formula forum.

Well built, very good resale, and customer support. No problems here. And if you want an old man's boat, get a cruiser. Comfort and smooth ride is where it's at with a Formula. Give 'em a little power and they will most likely meet your speed goal. You want a faster boat? Look for a brand that spends more time on their bottom technology (ie: Fountain). Formula is more about comfort with the creature comforts. My $.02

Dave
Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by axapowell
I'll go first...

I've owned three Formulas. The customer support, even on the older ones, was spot on. From all the other threads i've seen this is the norm. The owners of boats from other manufactures seem to always bit*h about support. Never happens here on the Formula forum.

Well built, very good resale, and customer support. No problems here. And if you want an old man's boat, get a cruiser. Comfort and smooth ride is where it's at with a Formula. Give 'em a little power and they will most likely meet your speed goal. You want a faster boat? Look for a brand that spends more time on their bottom technology (ie: Fountain). Formula is more about comfort with the creature comforts. My $.02

Dave

Thanks Dave. It's very encouraging to keep hearing how comfortable the Formula is. As for speed, I'm not looking to go 100 MPH. Yes, the faster the better, but I have 2 young children so I want an extra helping of safety with my boat. 80+ with 525's is certainly not an old man's boat!!

Quick Reply: Funny tread in General Discussion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.