2008 350SS problems

Notices
Formula

2008 350SS problems

Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
Cool, What did the dealer tell you that made you NOT order the genset. I am with you on the floors. In talking with customers on do they like it? About 60% say yes 40% no. The e-80 chartplotter and radar system is way cool you will fall in love with what it can do!
They insured me that the AC would work as long as the engines were running.
This turned out to not be true as I now know that a generator is needed unless the boat is plugged into power.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Did they actually DO anything for you, or just give lip service?
Yeah they told me the boat would be ready for today. That was lip service though since it didn't happen. Now they say they think the software patch is done but they need to test it on their in-house boats....
Old 05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Thats just stupid

No Formula or any other Marine air system works on a belt system. Perhaps a large inverter but thats a strech. It sounds like the dealer is a real GEM. Publish the name ! Formula is a stand up company. Their customer service is second to none. If you can go around the dirtbag (used car salesman dealer) and get direct with Formula you will have a positive story about the way this was handled.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DOCS OUT
That's a lot of boat for Boat #1!

Elaborate on that, please.... For instance, why go initially with a 28 or a 31, try it, be dissatisfied with the space, then trade up(while losing a ton of money) and eventuate with something like a 35 or 37. I understand the mechanics of learning to use a big piece of equipment can be a learning curve. But...I also understand the fact of losing your tail whenever you trade up with these things. May we hear some comments from all, including Troy and Selpel from their point of view.
I hear so many boat owners tell me they always get bigger within a year or two. I would never have been satisfied with a smaller boat when I knew I had room for a larger boat. I'm thinking the 35 will be good for at least 3 years possibly even 4 for me...but no guarantees!. And even then I may not go much bigger if anything will upgrade for the latest technology stuff.

It was guaranteed that I would have upgraded my 25Ft in less than a year though.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

I got a call from a real nice guy from Formula but I forgot his name right now.
He listened to my concerns and made no promises but said he will contact the dealer.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DOCS OUT
That's a lot of boat for Boat #1!

Elaborate on that, please.... For instance, why go initially with a 28 or a 31, try it, be dissatisfied with the space, then trade up(while losing a ton of money) and eventuate with something like a 35 or 37. I understand the mechanics of learning to use a big piece of equipment can be a learning curve. But...I also understand the fact of losing your tail whenever you trade up with these things. May we hear some comments from all, including Troy and Selpel from their point of view.
I have seen several people opt for a larger first boat. Because of:
a. They have talked to a lot of friends that told them they needed at least a 35` boat for the ride.

b. The program will help them afford a large boat and eliminate a 2 year jump to the next larger boat.

c. Customer are looking for special things such as headroom,stand up vac-u-flush bathroom, genset and air condition, etc. Most not available on smaller boats.

These are just a few that come to mind.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmcjo
They insured me that the AC would work as long as the engines were running.
This turned out to not be true as I now know that a generator is needed unless the boat is plugged into power.
This kind of thing chaps my A**. A salesmen should NEVER make this mistake. Sounds like a case of not having product knowledge and more worried about the customer walking on the deal.
Every year we salesmen go to Formula to gain the product information. And I cannot believe someone at the dealership didnt say "I cannot believe he is buying this without a genset?"
I always ask the customer how he is going to use the boat and advise him on options he may want to consider for resale.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I cant imagine a 35' boat ....for 300,000 and NO gen ? ..... they need to make that right ....
Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
No Formula or any other Marine air system works on a belt system. Perhaps a large inverter but thats a strech. It sounds like the dealer is a real GEM. Publish the name ! Formula is a stand up company. Their customer service is second to none. If you can go around the dirtbag (used car salesman dealer) and get direct with Formula you will have a positive story about the way this was handled.

Not to be a di*k....but these get used in race and pleasure boats alot.

http://nauticoolair.com/

Dave
Old 05-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
I got a call from a real nice guy from Formula but I forgot his name right now.
He listened to my concerns and made no promises but said he will contact the dealer.
Good. That's classic Formula concern. Once he finds out what's going on, he'll do what he can within guidelines.
Hope it all works out, and you enjoy the boating lifestyle. You've made a good choice of boats in your first purchase, other than being lead astray on the generator deal...

Quick Reply: 2008 350SS problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.