Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
IMO......Formula may have a safety isssue with the hull/deck bonding. >

IMO......Formula may have a safety isssue with the hull/deck bonding.

Notices
Formula

IMO......Formula may have a safety isssue with the hull/deck bonding.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bblythe
You guys are really scaring me I have been looking at 38 fastechs for about a year now. This issue will scare me away and shop for something else.

I would be very concerned if I were you at the very least this will hurt resale value of Formula's.There customer service is outstanding....intill this the fact is we don't know how far this is going to go.There are a lot of boats that are going to be checked in the spring now,will they be ok or will more be found.
I am really suprised that Formula has not commented on this thread.Its a real problem for them now that they have been notified if some one gets killed the worst lawyer in the country can find this thread.OSO is goggle based so a Formula deck problem search will bring you right here.

Because of there low interest escape program there boats don't hold there value very well to begin with.I am not sure they even want to build Fastech's any more.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I would be very concerned if I were you at the very least this will hurt resale value of Formula's.There customer service is outstanding....intill this the fact is we don't know how far this is going to go.There are a lot of boats that are going to be checked in the spring now,will they be ok or will more be found.
I am really suprised that Formula has not commented on this thread.Its a real problem for them now that they have been notified if some one gets killed the worst lawyer in the country can find this thread.OSO is goggle based so a Formula deck problem search will bring you right here.

Because of there low interest escape program there boats don't hold there value very well to begin with.I am not sure they even want to build Fastech's any more.
What in the world are you basing this post on? There is NO solid information out there that this is a widespread problem or just a couple of boats. As I said before, we have seen ONE SINGLE picture of a claimed problem. and even that picture doesn't show that something was wrong. It shows NOTHING, but some plexus or resin or something on the inside hull of a boat. For you to post that someone should be worried about a Formula because of that is misleading at best.

Why would Formula come on here and post anything? It is a no win situation to say the least. Rigt or wrong, that stated their position in the letters that PhantomChaos posted.

I would guess that Formula doesn't really care about building Fastechs anymore either. That has nothing to do with anything, as the use Plexus on every other boat they build. If it was applied wrong, even boats running along at 50 mph would see failures.

You are right, you can google this, and guess what? OSO come up. Nothing else.
The following users liked this post:
ar300johnson (09-22-2020)
Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
What in the world are you basing this post on? There is NO solid information out there that this is a widespread problem or just a couple of boats. As I said before, we have seen ONE SINGLE picture of a claimed problem. and even that picture doesn't show that something was wrong. It shows NOTHING, but some plexus or resin or something on the inside hull of a boat. For you to post that someone should be worried about a Formula because of that is misleading at best.

Why would Formula come on here and post anything? It is a no win situation to say the least. Rigt or wrong, that stated their position in the letters that PhantomChaos posted.

I would guess that Formula doesn't really care about building Fastechs anymore either. That has nothing to do with anything, as the use Plexus on every other boat they build. If it was applied wrong, even boats running along at 50 mph would see failures.

Ok,why are you waving the Formula flag when Members some of them very respected on this board have come forward with this.You say not enough has been posted to prove anything.I disagree all you have posted is your opinion.
All these boat companies make me laugh the post Videos of there boats running hard then when something breaks it was driver error.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

You're really good with a computer found it on google in 30 seconds.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...d+deck+bonding
Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

You're really good with a computer found it on google in 30 seconds.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...d+deck+bonding
Did you read what I posted????

Now go look at your google search. (WHich BTY is the same one I did). Why don;'t you post the link to the VP test?

As I CLEARLY said, the ONLY thing that comes up about any issue with the hull/deck joint is OSO.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Ok,why are you waving the Formula flag when Members some of them very respected on this board have come forward with this.You say not enough has been posted to prove anything.I disagree all you have posted is your opinion.
All these boat companies make me laugh the post Videos of there boats running hard then when something breaks it was driver error.
Because I owned 3 of them, and they were the best boats I ever owned. The only ones with zero issues.

I'm aware of who started this thread. And with all due respect, what difference does it make?

You think enough has been posted to show that this is an issue? Where? Is there a thread that I have missed? Because this one hasn't proven anything.

Of course I've posted my opinions. Thats the same thing you are posting. Lets see some good solid proof that this is a major issue, or any issue, before we start to trash Formula.

again, as I posted before. I'm am not saying that this is not an issue. I'm saying that I haven't seen anything to show me that it is. If it is an issue then I will be wanting to know WTF is up with Formula too.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Did you read what I posted????

Now go look at your google search. (WHich BTY is the same one I did). Why don;'t you post the link to the VP test?

As I CLEARLY said, the ONLY thing that comes up about any issue with the hull/deck joint is OSO.

Yes I read your post,did you?You stated that OSO showed up....correct.My statement was that this thread will show up it did.I really don't want to post any of the other links but you can if you want to.You seem to be hinting that these members are making this up.Why What possible motive would they have for that.Do they run in the ocean probably hard yes was it marketed as a ****ing offshore performance boat yes.But now all of a sudden its driver error.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Zone 5;3322134]

I'm aware of who started this thread. And with all due respect, what difference does it make?

Well because he has brought out other issues....and always been someone who doesn't open his mouth unless he knows what he is talking about.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Yes I read your post,did you?You stated that OSO showed up....correct.My statement was that this thread will show up it did.I really don't want to post any of the other links but you can if you want to.You seem to be hinting that these members are making this up.Why What possible motive would they have for that.Do they run in the ocean probably hard yes was it marketed as a ****ing offshore performance boat yes.But now all of a sudden its driver error.
My point on the search was what I said it was. ONLY this thread on OSO comes up about issues. Every other search result that comes up talks about how good Formula builds their boats, and of course the VP result says its one of the best boats in their test fleet. If you want to believe that a single negative in a search means anything, then I guess doing a search that brings up how great Trick Marine was means something too.

I never said these members were making anything up. I said I haven't seen anything from them except a single picture thats shows nothing. Formula says its driver error. Thats their opinion, and it is what it is. I have no idea how these boats are driven. Probably in the ocean and hard. Thats fine. Thats what they were built for.

The important thing here is to find out if they failed, and if so, if they truly failed because of something Formula did wrong, or for some other reason. The other important thing to find out, is if it was a Formula problem, if its widespread or if it was a few boats
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Well because he has brought out other issues....and always been someone who doesn't open his mouth unless he knows what he is talking about.
That very well may be the case. My posting has nothing to do with who started this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.