311 Engine Upgrades >

311 Engine Upgrades

Notices

311 Engine Upgrades

Old 09-08-2021, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 335 Likes on 167 Posts

Can't wait to see you guys when you're all finished up. They will be some nice runners for sure.
The following users liked this post:
distantthunder (09-21-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 850 Likes on 470 Posts

Thanks Chris!
distantthunder (09-21-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 10:08 PM
SB
Registered

Received 2,161 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
Iíve been really busy over the last couple days. I saw your post here and was reminded to get back to you. Sent you a text.

Weíll see about who gets in first. Iím not rushing anything at this point.

I also need to figure out issues on the Cig. We fixed a bunch of fuel issues, new fuel pump, and had to replace the power steering pump (front seal took a dump). All of the carb linkage binds against fuel lines so thatís got to be sorted out too. And the MSDs wonít fire so not sure what thatís all about (power shorts to ground). Fíing boats. Lol
Fuking msd
TomZ (09-22-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SB View Post
Fuking msd
Yep. These are much older (from when MSD was good) so hoping something is just wired wrong. I told him we should just take the MSDs out but heís adamant about keeping them.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well that was a pain! The first one anyway.

I was hoping to be able to get one in mostly dressed but that wasnít going to work. In the end everything on the front had to come off. Nothing like having to do a bunch of work twice.

It had been a while since Iíd had everything apart so it took some time to trust the stack of the washers at the transom/transmission. Fortunately, Rookie confirmed that I had it right. It took a lot of trying to get everything lined up but once we figured it out, it went easy. The second engine took all of a half hour to get in bolted up.

Iíll probably have her running by the end of the weekend. Canít wait!

Some picsÖ

Prep the day before. Virginia Beach has an ordinance that prohibits having trailers in driveways. Had to get it all done before someone complained.

Nice and clean with fresh paint. When itís wet, itís a skating rink. Ask me how I know. Donít mind those blue butt connectors. I have a new weather pack connection ready to replace that.

Getting there!

Last edited by TomZ; 09-21-2021 at 01:30 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by TomZ:
87MirageIntruder (09-21-2021), distantthunder (09-21-2021), GLENAMY 242SS (09-21-2021), HawkX66 (09-22-2021), sonicss42 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 98 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
Well that was a pain! The first one anyway.

I was hoping to be able to get one in mostly dressed but that wasnít going to work. In the end everything on the front had to come off. Nothing like having to do a bunch of work twice.

It had been a while since Iíd had everything apart so it took some time to trust the stack of the washers at the transom/transmission. Fortunately, Rookie confirmed that I had it right. It took a lot of trying to get everything lined up but once we figured it out, it went easy. The second engine took all of a half hour to get in bolted up.

Iíll probably have her running by the end of the weekend. Canít wait!

Some picsÖ

Prep the day before. Virginia Beach has an ordinance that prohibits having trailers in driveways. Had to get it all done before someone complained.

Nice and clean with fresh paint. When itís wet, itís a skating rink. Ask me how I know. Donít mind those blue butt connectors. I have a new weather pack connection ready to replace that.

Getting there!
This is awesome Tom, you really nailed it with the build and clean up buddy. Iíll see you (and the blue butt connectors) soon!
Old 09-23-2021, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Josh! Going to play with her this weekend. I really think I can have them both running by Sunday.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Closer. The new hard-wall hoses are making it a total ***** to get the raw water pumps back in. I also have some slight exhaust alignment issues with the AFR heads but should be okay.

Nice to have some power and music playing while working.

Once Iím sure that all my fuel fittings are leak-free, Iíll put the port engineís exhaust on.

I also ordered my Innovate DLG-1 wideband. I need to do some gauge moving to fit it.

- fuel gauge will move to hour meter slot.
- hour meters will be in the bilge with their respective engine.
- volt meters will be combined into one with a toggle to check charging (not sure where itís going, maybe depth finder hole and take depth readings from GPS?).
- oil temp gauges will go where the volt meters used to live.

I need to do some paint touch-up. This was taken Sunday night. Iíve gotten a lot farther than whatís here.

Last edited by TomZ; 09-28-2021 at 10:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TomZ:
HawkX66 (09-28-2021), TylerBurich (09-30-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts

Tom for your slight exhaust alignment issues try looking into these, Shields Hump Connectors, they also make a double.
Shields 220S Series, Silicon Hump Hose Connector, Molded Silicone (go2marine.com)
Boat is looking good.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Spensive!! Lol

The good thing is that Iíd only need two. The even banks seem to be close enough. Less tail pipe length.

Thank you sir!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.