superchillers on a 525sc??????????

Notices

superchillers on a 525sc??????????

Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by BKSAE
Do you have pictures of your old set-up including a transom shot? Thanks.
Pics would be awesome.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Did you have the boat both before and after the pick-ups. Did you lose any speed with the pick-ups that you remember. What is the blade style. Can you point to a web site or part for visual. Thanks so much Ragged.

Yes I had the boat before and after. Had 454 mags in it before then put the 525 SCs in with the chillers and gained 20+ mph, wasn't too concerned about a fraction of a mph that the pickups might have cost. I wouldn't be too worried about speed loss due to the pickups, the gain from the intercoolers more than offsets it. No pics that I can find, and have looked for a similar style but have yet to find the exact same design. Most any style will work, the new adjustable ones would likely be what I would do now.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-25-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Yes I had the boat before and after. Had 454 mags in it before then put the 525 SCs in with the chillers and gained 20+ mph, wasn't too concerned about a fraction of a mph that the pickups might have cost. I wouldn't be too worried about speed loss due to the pickups, the gain from the intercoolers more than offsets it. No pics that I can find, and have looked for a similar style but have yet to find the exact same design. Most any style will work, the new adjustable ones would likely be what I would do now.
Thanks for your efforts. I guess I'll be buying the round style that is adjustable. CP performance has this style. Check it out and tell me what you think. The adjustment appears to be made by screwing the lower section in or out of the upper section. The two sections look like they are threaded together kinda like of bolt and nut and then locks by tightening a nut or clamp.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Thanks for your efforts. I guess I'll be buying the round style that is adjustable. CP performance has this style. Check it out and tell me what you think. The adjustment appears to be made by screwing the lower section in or out of the upper section. The two sections look like they are threaded together kinda like of bolt and nut and then locks by tightening a nut or clamp.

I did notice those and they looked good. The ability to change the height/depth would be nice. On the fixed versions I had we had to grind on them a few times to get them just right.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Default Pick-Up & Strainer

I was thinking of using 1 - 1 1/4" pick-up to a single strainer and then out to each superchiller. This is about as simple as it gets, i think, and Fountain indicated it should be just fine no bigger than the superchillers are. What's your opinion?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered

I was thinking of using 1 - 1 1/4" pick-up to a single strainer and then out to each superchiller. This is about as simple as it gets, i think, and Fountain indicated it should be just fine no bigger than the superchillers are. What's your opinion?

I would defer to Fountain, but I would also contact the chiller folks and see what they think. To me it's about getting a volume of water thru the chillers and the smart guys should be able to steer you right. The set up I ran worked, but I'm sure others will as well. The real thing here is that the chillers will surely up the performance of your 525 SCs and keep them reliable. Best upgrade you could do.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Let me know if you need to see pictures of the set up,also let me know if you need it and I will get you the name of the manufacturer of the pickups Ragged is talking about.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Let me know if you need to see pictures of the set up,also let me know if you need it and I will get you the name of the manufacturer of the pickups Ragged is talking about.
That would be a great help.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

That would be a great help.

Hyper bought my Velocity, if he get some pics up here for you then you can see the set up I was talking about. Like they say a pic is worth a thousand words.