Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Wouldn't it be sweet if Reggie did this? >

Wouldn't it be sweet if Reggie did this?

Notices

Wouldn't it be sweet if Reggie did this?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yanking Chains

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I understand some cost would be involved and probably wishful thinking but here me out.

I was out in my boat this weekend and I have a 91 Fever. Its in nice shape, it has its old school dash, older styling of vinyl and graphics but for an old boat its nice. I do have water coming in from the drives which i think is the steering pin bushings but either way just normal 20+ year old boat stuff.

Anyways I was out on the water and you have people that know Fountain but then there are others who have no clue, but it seems everybody knows what a Cigarette or a Baja is.

What I was thinking that Reggie does a contest monthly, yearly, etc. To bring in these old dogs and over haul them. New interior, engines, drives, paint scheme, etc. Then unvail them at boat shows etc, and maybe even get a show like overhaulin going. I think this would be great for them to get exposure to the populace. These shows seem to help people take off big time.

Maybe its just me wanting a new boat but I think it could benefit this company big time. Even if they dont do shows, have unvails at non poker run events, things like Harbor fest, Coast Guard festils, etc. to get the name out to the non performance wise folks

I just like Fountain so much and thought about getting my fountain for 2 years while deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, and unfortunately could only get a 91 but I love the boat and get props everytime I am out on it, love the dang thing to death.
soldier4402...if nothing else you've yanked a lot of chains with this thread.
When I first read this I thought to myself...Why in the world would Reggie ever consider doing anything like this? Not because it's hoaky or beneth him. But, because his primary business is designing, developing and building new boats for high-end customers. He does have a retrofit/rebuild division, but there's a big difference between rebuilding a $30/40K end product car(which I admit Foose is really great at doing) and Retrofitting/Rebuilding a $300/500K boat. I'm not just talking about the money...I'm talking about the logistics, time line (7 days for a car-vs-70++ days for a boat) and so on. I don't know Reggie and I don't even pretend to know what he is thinking, but I can't imagine he would want to spend his time doing this instead of what He obviously loves doing...being on the leading edge of High Performance Boat design and development. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No just more of an idea really. I mean but what comes down to is exposure and money, from what i looks like RF, fountain, bi little reggie could probably use a little of both. You dont have to do 300-500k boats i mean those are your 42's and up anyways. The majority have 27-35, and retrofit a boat like that would not take two months a boat load of money,

Like I said people are keeping things longer and getting them fixed, not continually buying new. Why miss out on a huge market? From being looking OSO I would gather the average age of a boat in here is probably about a 1998.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I see one big problem, trying to get across to people that he is redoing FOUNTAINS but wanting them to buy from his current company RF.

People wouldn't get it.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I see one big problem, trying to get across to people that he is redoing FOUNTAINS but wanting them to buy from his current company RF.

People wouldn't get it.
You are right there. But it doesnt have to be reggie, it could be junior doing it with Fountain. Just a broad based idea here guys, I dont know the technicalities here.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I'd rather see a program based on a classis retrofit. something like the Shadow Cat that Prostock85 bought and he posted some pictures during the early stages of a long project that probably include a myriad of yet to be found issues that will require decisions affecting other decisions etc..
Actually could have a beutifully restored boat at the end or a fiberglass hulk sitting in the backyard depending on how the project goes.

There have been a couple exceptional Cigarette flat deck restro's that would have been great to watch.

Actually seeing Reggie and crew do a Fountain it may look to easy !

ed
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the "lock thread" smiley/gif when you need it? LOL