Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Third Child 29 Fountain >

Third Child 29 Fountain

Notices

Third Child 29 Fountain

Old 03-15-2022, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Plan on getting the boat out this Friday and getting all of the maintenance done for the summer. Will post some pics when done.

Oil change
Spark plugs
fuel water separator
inline fuel filter
drive oil change
Impeller
Changing Name ( doing ceremony and all)
sanding and painting bottom of drive
doing some testing with different props.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

How did you get it off the lift?

A bit late, but had a new idea to run two straps with come alongs from bow hook and down along each side to the back of the lift bunks near the stern. Then winch both at same time to slide it off the bunks
Old 03-16-2022, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
How did you get it off the lift?

A bit late, but had a new idea to run two straps with come alongs from bow hook and down along each side to the back of the lift bunks near the stern. Then winch both at same time to slide it off the bunks

The guy I bought it from had a friend that got it off, so I am not sure on exact details, but it does sound like it took about 5 come alongs to get it off.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Entertaining thread. Funny, we have a slip on that dock too. Towards the end, no depth issues.

Every year that first slip is up on the rocks or damn close. Always wondered what that boat looked like, it was always in the big zip up cover. Obviously was a fountain due to the beak.

Nice find!
Old 03-17-2022, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by apex svt
Entertaining thread. Funny, we have a slip on that dock too. Towards the end, no depth issues.

Every year that first slip is up on the rocks or damn close. Always wondered what that boat looked like, it was always in the big zip up cover. Obviously was a fountain due to the beak.

Nice find!
The guy I bought it from, bought it brand new. Single owner, always trailer/lift kept. Exited to be the 2nd owner. Going to make some changes for sure! Wife and I are talking about getting it wrapped at some point, but should be plenty of boat for what we will want. Eventually we might move to a 35-38, but that will come much later in life. We stay in the house in front of that dock every year for the shootout. Let me know if you will be out there this year and we can chat for sure!

Old 03-17-2022, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
The guy I bought it from, bought it brand new. Single owner, always trailer/lift kept. Exited to be the 2nd owner. Going to make some changes for sure! Wife and I are talking about getting it wrapped at some point, but should be plenty of boat for what we will want. Eventually we might move to a 35-38, but that will come much later in life. We stay in the house in front of that dock every year for the shootout. Let me know if you will be out there this year and we can chat for sure!
IMHO, don’t wrap it. Had one, never again. A wrap will not shine like gel or paint. If you or who you tie up with don’t have fender covers, your wrap will get damaged. If your dock line rubs it when tied up, that will damage it. Mine had a piece of clear “tape” that held the edge of the wrap to the boat. The clear film started yellow. If your factory gel has any imperfections or your stripes are slightly raised, you will see that through the wrap. Mine is a 32’ Fountain so your stripes will probably show. The wrap has been off my boat 2 years and I still occasionally find sticky residue from the clear tape. I’m sure there’s some things I’m missing…

A basic paint job isn’t much more expensive than a wrap. But factory gel is more forgiving than a wrap or paint. If you can live with the way it looks, spend your money elsewhere or save for the bigger one.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I agree a wrap on that boat will be a waist of money as it won't help resale, in fact it will probably hurt resale. It's just the hull sides so probably not too much to do an imron paint job. I'd start saving up for the transom replacement and engine rebuild if it's not been done already.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
Will do, the house on the left side of the boat ramp? I think I will be down for the shootout this year. Tossing around the idea of running the 266 in it. Fits its class pretty well.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:25 AM
Registered

Welp.. Started in on the Maintenance this morning and ran into my first issue. Looks like the Anode that goes behind the prop busted at some point and has gotten pretty hot. It looks like I might have to drill out the bolt that snapped off and replace this part. If anyone has any thoughts on this I am going to ask around before I start drilling.

Old 03-19-2022, 11:02 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

It may just turn out with little drama. Have you tried yet ? If so, with what ? Is it protruding at all ? Can't tell with my crappy screen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.