Notices

Long Island Sound Funrun??

Old 05-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Long Island Sound Funrun??

Hi everyone,

It is now Sunday morning and the run is now history. Everything was near perfect, weather, people, equipment and route. By comparison, this was a simple run conducted in a safe and sensible manner thus producing one hell of a good time for all involved! I hope everyone else had as good a day as Ellen and I did. It was great to meet new friends, swap stories of boats and family, etc. Many pictures were taken and we will all post as soon as practical.

Many manufacturers were represented, Fountain (of course!)...Vinnie from Mariners Cove was there with a brand new 42 Executioner that he invited everyone to tour after lunch. Even Tony took time out of his (very) busy schedule to join us for a quick lunch at the restaurant. Mariners Cove is planning a Peconic run sometime in the near future and will post details soon. There were four other Fountains, an Outerlimits as well as Superboats, Skater, Baja and more.

Kudos to Greg (Fastfountain35) for his arrangements at the Sonoma Grill (driver's meeting) and Oaklands (lunch)...things could not have been better. Good food, excellent service and seating, and most of all great dock and fuel service at Oaklands.
Thanks again Greg!

Special thanks to Steve (Nolimts) for all his help in coordinating from when he joined right through the run itself. Also, for his and Kelly's gracious invite to their waterfront home in Babylon for apres' run refreshments and relaxation. Beautiful home, beautiful people!

Finally, thanks to all who attended and made this an event to remember! When I started this thread last winter I never dreamed it would turn out this well and all due to everyone's mutual cooperation. Hope to see you all soon.

Gary
Old 05-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is outstanding!
I am glad the run came together with much success.
I had been watching the progress all winter as a West Coaster & am really looking forward to the event's pictures & all the boats in action.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:10 PM
FastFountain35

gary you are a definit gentleman it was a pleasure,
stevarino we need pics, ill call you during the week,
seduced that looked awsome.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Guys,
Firstly I took 194 pictures and downloaded them to my computer Sunday night. What I have looks great! Would have uploaded them Sunday but was working on boat power problems during the day. I plan to start the process tonight (Monday) if the new updates to Offshore don't screw me up. I would like to put them in the pictures area, not here. I'll post where they are.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Now for my thoughts on the run.

First I would like to thank Gary Ferdon for taking the time to post this idea and second for seeing it through to the end. That's what it takes to get stuff done, thats what it takes for others to have great memories. Further for his research on Hotels and directions. Thanks Gary.

I would also agree with Gary's words about Greg who basically organized every meeting place, providing great service and outstanding food. He made the calls, did the research and made it happen. Thanks Greg.

I also think Pat and his lovely family who came from Southern NJ gave us locals a thrill up here. I am sure he had a good time and we hope to see him in some far off place boating in the future.

Lastly to everyone else who showed up. The group was a class act and certainly left a great taste in everyones mouth that we came across. While it was a blast for us, I know we turned heads of all who saw us. We even had a plane fly along side us just above the water. We left the right impression and paved the way for more outings like this.

The only limits are the ones we set - which should be none. Thanks to all. The pictures will be here soon......
Old 05-17-2004, 11:05 AM
FastFountain35

steve i highly respect you

Old 05-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Registered

Hello to all we met on Saturday. This is Duncan, I don't get on this site often, but I must say that Caren and I had a great time riding with our good friends Steve and Kelly.
We enjoyed meeting up with those of you we met at the original meeting way back when and those new faces we had an opportunity to chat with at Oaklands.
I think we all must thank Gary for the start up and keeping things going. For Greg's energies and connections and Steve for, well whatever it is that Steve did!!!! LOL

Seriously, We can't wait for the next one and being able to participate with my own new Fountain 29 Dragonfire....

Hope to see or chat with all soon....
Old 05-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes,it was a fun run!! untill i picked up something in my one mota that i couldn't get out so i had to turn around and go home,no cooling will do that,so,in the car we went to oaklands to continue the event!! A bunch of nice boaters, boats,and food and drink. Thanks to all who ran it,went to it , and had us at it!! Tripps
Old 05-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am losing my mind trying to post the pictures to a new thread under photos/Poker Runs/Fun Run..... I can't seem to create the new thread there, but I am trying...... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did they do to this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to my quotes? Where is my buddy list? WHats up with my Favorites!!! GGGGGGEEEEZZZZZEEEE How about a warning that the whole site is changing!!! Where are the instructions!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh,my my,my,you must be from babylon....... Thats a inside joke,ask zupperboat next time you see him. I cant post pic's either and i got alot of them. sea ya tripps

Quick Reply: Long Island Sound Funrun??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.