Notices

My New SL 44 ( 44 ft )

Old 12-17-2005, 05:59 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: My New SL 44 ( 44 ft )

That looks pretty sweet!! Keep us posted on all of the updates and progress.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy moly batman, thats alot of welding !!!!

Looks really nice , good luck with the completion and testing.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real nice.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:38 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
VERY COOL project! Please keep us updated. Is he going to make one like that in a 32' size?

Yes there will be a 32 comming out !!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This thing is a quite an accomplishment.

If you knew how little actual time it took to get it to this point you can appreciate how good the guys are that are building it.

The boat looks as good (if not better) on the inside as it does on the outside. The bottom looks great regardless of it being aluminum.

This thing should be another Rocket!
Old 12-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You should be able to price it really cheap since somebody else did all the R&D on it. Style by fountain and the efficient and proven bottom of a 42 Outerlimits.

I would be proud of copying 1000's of hours of other peoples hard work!

Keep up the good work, maybe next year you can tool up a 47, I hear that Outerlimits has a good bottom....
Old 12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
You should be able to price it really cheap since somebody else did all the R&D on it. Style by fountain and the efficient and proven bottom of a 42 Outerlimits.

Keep up the good work, maybe next year you can tool up a 47, I hear that Outerlimits has a good bottom....
kinda harsh isnt it, if someone saw styling ques from another boat, that doesnt mean he totally copied it. by combining the best features of what he like he made a hybrid. and none of the other manufacturers make an all aluminum boat. Didnt see any info about a splashed hull or anything either.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not harsh, the truth. Styling "cues" don't include an almost identical total look, and as for the bottom, I've seen enough 42 OL Bottoms to identify one.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Great Craftsmanship!

What type of inner structure? Stringers or tubular?
What thickness is the bottom?
What do you actually mean by the steps are tunable?

These guys must have a hell of a heliac.

Please keep posting the progress.
It would truly be something if it outruns all the others.

Gerry

Last edited by caveman; 12-17-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:43 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by animalhouse

Yes I looked at all the boats out there but then drew up my own design, I liked the fountain cockpit but the windows were too small and there was not enough seating ,I aso liked some things in the Cig and the outerlimits so I put all the things I liked in all the boats I tried and came up with this a lot of the pokerrun boats have a simular look ,you are only seeing a two dimisional picture ,up close you will see how different it is in design and construction than anything out there. The steps are very unique in design and are tunable so I can put the bow where I want it .This was designed just for me becouse I was tired of back problems from running my cat and could not find a 40+ ft boat at a reasonable price that wasn't trashed after a couple years,I know I am risking a quit a bit of money on this first one and only after itis tested and found safe and worthy will they be marketed and at the very least I will have a one upboat that will last my life time.These will be custom built one at a time with input from the buyer on the deck,cabin,cockpit,every part can be altered for that one of a kind look ,I think when you see this one or some other one up close you will see just how unique they are from any other boat out there. I am not trying to go faster than the fountain or the outerlimits or any other boat I just wanted something that would holdup and not fall apart with use in big water in the pokerruns and be easy on my back thats why theair ride seats. I will post some better pics of the enterior and the bottom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.