Like Tree1Likes

ocean express

Old 01-31-2002, 11:02 AM
LEOPAJJM

Is that it ??? This thing can't just end like that ?? ...Isn't there another OSO Express cat pot-luck dinner planned or a help name Greg's boat party coming up ?? come on guys... don't leave me hangin' like this !!!!
Hi Uncle Gene !!!!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
jimkid i gotta tell ya,"settle " is pretty lame thing to say.this thread was set up for people who enjoy their boats. the owners have not SETTLED on any thing, they own an ocean express because it is a great boat. Ross Focht has played a large part in making cats what they are today an for you to insinuate that they are some sort of second rate boat is just wrong. just curious what boat you currently have now because its always some guy with the latest copy of "PowerBoating's buyers guide" that makes a comment like that, or are you just "holding out" for the skater(please ).i personaly dont own an OX but i know many who do,and i am smart enough to know that there are many different boats for many different people.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-31-2002, 12:08 PM
suncat

Arrow

Hey glassdave, take it easy on the guy, everyones entitled to their opinion. Hey jimkid, when did you go for a ride on Steve's boat?
Adam

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Adam Focht ]

Old 01-31-2002, 02:56 PM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Hey Adam. I just got done reading , THe King Of Thunderboat Row. Its there understanding that Don A . Cut a 36 Cig down the middle added 3 feet and built a Cat Called the USA Racing Blue Thunder. 39 Ft. and Sold many of them to the US. Customs Service. Ive never seen one. Check the book out. For some reason I thought Betty Cook Ran one of these at one time... Don Aronow definately helped make boat racing what it is today... "Cats Rule"...

Old 01-31-2002, 03:08 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

yea Adam , i guess your right. everybody's intitled to there opinion.this just was'nt the place for that kind of comment, ya know. what happened to your original post
Old 01-31-2002, 03:19 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

hey badcat check this out

blue thunder thread

i did a post on that very same boat not to long ago.i have some pics that another OSO member sent me. i can e-mail them to you of you'd like.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2009 30 LS7 SKATER 711 sold xvi power
I didnt mean to get any one upset but i also went out in 31 ox with sunny gande did not like the ride boat porposed at around 55mph then lifted with a little more speed just an uneasy feeling and i know that they cats do that but some of the other ones dont at least not as bad also boat leaned to the outside bad which i know is a trait of cats but some just do it beter by the way i had 34 magic deep vee with 540s ran high 80s have a28 skater on order and have been in a couple 36s skaters just awsome boat if you cant get one dont ever ride in one you will never forgive your self
Old 01-31-2002, 07:18 PM
suncat

Arrow

Glassdave, I "edited" that post because... everyones entitled to their own opinion.
Hey jimkid, next time your in our neck of the woods (summertime) we'll take you for a ride in our 38' - Twin 750 blower motors w/ arensons, 125mph, and it runs in the roughest water you can handle. At least compare apples to apples, our 38' is our latest gen design (like the 36' is skaters latest gen design!!) Our 31' runs good but consider that it was designed almost 15 years ago. I take nothing away from skater, but I will say this, there is no other cat company that builds today that has as many boats on the water still running around at 100+ mph. Take a look at some of the older skater 40's and see what type of condition that there in.(or how about finding a 24' thats in as good of condition as some of our 39's from 20+ years ago!!)Also, you say that you can make two trips to our one??? How about this, you can equip two of our 38' with the same power package as a 36' skater and not spend the same money as that SINGLE 36' skater. So in all fairness, we can seat 14 people to your 5, at the same speed for the same money, or buy one 38' equipped the same way and put half of the money that skater wants back into your pocket.
Chasin the deal is a testament to how well a 14000lb cat thats almost 10 years old can handle the most abusive water conditions there are with 7 people (and a cabin!) and still be running today with NO STRUCTURAL REPAIRS EVER DONE TO IT!!! ( I would know, I've been thru every nook and cranny on that boat dozens of times and I can't believe it myself!)
The King of Thunderboat row was an excellent book, but as far as that goes, he cut an existing boat in half and turned it into a cat. My dad lofted the plug, pulled the mold and built a complelely composite / cored cat before anyone else. Although shadow came right after him. And I do believe your right in that Betty Cook ran one, because she ran against Motor City Magic one of our 33' race cats.
Later all,
Hey glassdave, be sure and come up next week with Tizbad!
Adam

Old 01-31-2002, 07:31 PM
One Bad Cat

Unhappy

Hey Kid you were a little harsh on Adam. Those Cats have a fine pedigree. Personally I own a 30 Spectre w/blown 509s. I have owned and riden in alot of different cats including a 36 Skater. There awesome. But I would never have said THAT.. Were all Cat lovers here arent we ??
Hey Glass Dave Id love to see the Pics of
Usa cat if you have them E-Mail them to me if you can Thanks... Did you enjoy the book as much as I did?? I couldnt put it down..

Old 01-31-2002, 08:14 PM
Registered

That book was the best thing I ever read !

Hey Adam I have that movie ,"Fast boats and beautiful women " . Pretty cool ! Can you tell us a little more about it ? And who is the guy driving "Jaws" ? Are there any other movies or what ever on your boats ?

As far as the Skater thing goes ..............
That's just plane rude ! Skaters are great ,Yeah . But like you said your comparing a new design skater to a 20 year old design boat . Lets see how it goes with the new design OE . And for a guy buying a 28'er Shouldn't be knockin a 48 !! I have ridden in a few big skaters too and I wouldn't knock them . But as I said before , I have seen a couple newer skaters with similar power to mine that that only ran 5mph faster then my old dinasour 39' Express ! I know they should have been faster then that but they were not .