Like Tree1Likes

ocean express

Old 01-31-2002, 09:31 PM
One Bad Cat

Im glad that im not the only one who thought that. People can buy and enjoy whatever they want. I felt it was harsh....
Especially when the manufacturer was taking the time to educate us about there boats. Theyve been around a long time. I have alot of respect for that. High quality product..
I like Skaters as well. As a matter of fact My good friend is about ready to take delivery of his new 46 Skater "LICK THIS 4 "
early next month. Check it out at www. the-artofdesign.com Boat portfolio. It should be awesome. Those Sterling race motors should be a treat.. I more excited than he is... My some of you race guys that have been by the factory have checked it out..

Old 02-01-2002, 06:49 PM
suncat

Arrow

Dennis kaiser was the owner of Jaws, he was a partner at one time with our company, and has owned several of our cats in varying lengths as well as a 45' skater also called jaws that he and a good friend of ours (Dave Wesseldyke of Wesco Racing Engines) set a kilo record in. I have seen it a bunch of times where a lighter skater with bigger power than we had was behind us at several different poker runs because of the water conditions. People should understand that there is an inherent strength in being a little heavier as long as there is a balance between strength and weight and with us there is due to the materials we use and the experience we have in using them. We have looked into everything as far as material goes from wet-preg, vacuum bagging of epoxy and s-glass to pre-preg, vacuum bagged, autoclaved laminates costing tens of thousands of dollars per roll and as far as were concerned, there is no better material at any price for the type of boat that we build, and I think with all of the boats we still have running around out there that I'm safe in that assumption. But, with a forum like this, and being in our chosen business we set ourselves up as a target for armchair quarterbacks and couch engineers of all sorts. You take the good with the bad, and that's that!
later all
Adam

Old 02-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
ten pages . . . . . . . .thats cool . . . .an i think it was jimkid that pushed us over thanks dude.

hey Adam ,I will be up soon.cant wait to see how ya do'in on the first 49.we are starting the paint on tizbads(reno) 39 tommorow.gonna be cool.i get to use my artistic license on this one. next break in the action an we will be up.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Registered

My Boats: Ocean Express 39
Boot......Maybe you can help me out on prop size I have the same boat, was wondering what size prop you are running,RPM,HP and ratio you have in the Arneson any info you can share with me I would be very greatful thanks............John.
Old 02-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1999 32' Advantage Victory
onebadcat, the link for that paint shop was great, a ton of cool pic's, and by the looks of the quality of the work your friend made a nice choice of peeople to have do the paint work. Wassup adam, bout time you got on this site, you should type in the O.E. web page for your homepage, a quick link to stur up some more intrest in O.E. for all the lurkers out there...
Old 02-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1986 39' Image aka Ocean Express
Hi Guys...Just checking in to see whasup.Can't let O.E. get too low on the postings Stay warm ...Hey I hear Detroit area got lots of snow instead of that "rain ice sleet" garbage.Driving Thursday and Friday was a bear. Lights were out all over town and people that are used to having stop lights have trouble converting to a four way stop system!No wonder there are so many autobody repair shops Heh.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:02 AM
suncat

Thumbs up

Hye ROB, good to hear from you, haven't seen you in a while. How are steve and donna doing? As far as our website goes, over the next month or so its going to undergo major changes (i.e. take a step into the new millenium instead of that old boring crap!)So when its finished, I'll have links from here and from the smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com site
later
Adam

Old 02-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Registered

My Boats: 39' Ocean Express cat,18' Kustom Cat ("Mini me") , Aquasport CC
Well paint & graphics are on one side cant believe how good it looks, I think someone put a new boat in the shop when I wasn't looking!!!! I guess 2 1/5 months of work is payin off. And as far as structure repair on this 19 year old boat there is none!!!!!!!! Thats right NONE!!!!! GREAT boat!!!!! You guys really do build a solid piece. See ya next weak Adam probably Wednesday.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:36 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 32 Skater
Thumbs up

Saw Tizbads boat for the first time at the first of the year, and now I saw it this weekend(3 times, I don't want to where out my welcome) When Greg says somebody put a new boat in the shop he isn't kidding. EXCELLENT job Dave, that side looks fantastic. Scarab owners never die!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:20 AM
Registered

Sylvester ,I have 1.32 ratio with 17 1/2 x 31 or 32 " 4 blade mercs ,labbed . I don't have a whole lot of experience with it yet do to engine trouble but it seams it might like an inch or 2 more pitch with my power . It has fixed drives and planes easy with 8 guys and 3/4 fuel .Runns right up to near top rpm's with little trouble . Haven't held it open yet !

Hope this helps a little . Feel free to ask more . JOE