Like Tree0Likes

Help!!!

Reply
Old 08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
My Boats: 1990 38 Signature Offshore
Posts: 192
Default Re: Help!!!

Act today by informing him by certified mail of your course of action should he not contact you upon receipt of your letter within 24 hours. Document all contact you have had with him to this point and let him now that his reputation is at stake and he needs to come clean about the current status of of your transaction with him. Be prepared to go to small claims court and contact a lawyer friend about the process.

SG
Surgin' General is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
  #12
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripit
NO Sht. I live on Kent Island, maybe I can help. PM me who it is.
Here's a hint........check the 3rd post.........and follow the link.

__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:55 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turkey Point Island Edgewater Md.
My Boats: 2012 39' Nor-Tech CC
Posts: 2,639
Default Re: Help!!!

Maybe you should ask RaceGirl3 to ask him nicely for you, he seems to be a huge fan of hers......
Spicy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:06 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: Help!!!

I was a party in this transaction (the buyer). The mechanic has my $2,200 and has had the money for 3+ months. From what Matt (Trader1) has told me, the mechanic has done nothing to this boat and he actually blew the deal for both of us.

I recieved a check in the mail 3 days ago from the mechanic for $1,651.00 and deposited it into my account and IT BOUNCED!!!!!! He said he was keeping $550.00 of my money for work already done. As far as I know (confirmed by the owner--Trader1) the mechanic has done nothing to the boat.

We are waiting (impatiently) to get this resolved without a mess. Otherwise we are both going to have this guy prosecuted and together we will bury this guy. I just got off the phone with him, he returned my call. I hope he has some common sense to make it right. . Tomorrow will tell if he does.

I will not mention any names....I want to get re-imbursed and get this deal over with. All I can say is that the guy posts here on OSO about his "credentials" and his "customer service", what a F*cking joke. It was all "lip service".
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:38 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Donman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lake Texoma
Posts: 915
Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool
Here's a hint........check the 3rd post.........and follow the link.



Hmmmmmm.....veeerrrrrryy interesting !!!!!

Donman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 PM
  #16
Registered
 
comininhot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: CROWNSVILLE Md
My Boats: 400 ss formula
Posts: 45
Default Re: Help!!!

Hey Matt I sure hope you might call me when you get this figured out jay.
comininhot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
  #17
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,705
Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I was a party in this transaction (the buyer). The mechanic has my $2,200 and has had the money for 3+ months. From what Matt (Trader1) has told me, the mechanic has done nothing to this boat and he actually blew the deal for both of us.

I recieved a check in the mail 3 days ago from the mechanic for $1,651.00 and deposited it into my account and IT BOUNCED!!!!!! He said he was keeping $550.00 of my money for work already done. As far as I know (confirmed by the owner--Trader1) the mechanic has done nothing to the boat.

We are waiting (impatiently) to get this resolved without a mess. Otherwise we are both going to have this guy prosecuted and together we will bury this guy. I just got off the phone with him, he returned my call. I hope he has some common sense to make it right. . Tomorrow will tell if he does.

I will not mention any names....I want to get re-imbursed and get this deal over with. All I can say is that the guy posts here on OSO about his "credentials" and his "customer service", what a F*cking joke. It was all "lip service".
If it's who I think it is, WOW, didn't see that coming. Regardless, I'd take that check to the District Attorney for starters. Matt needs to report his stuff stolen.

If theres any hope for the money or the parts, (which I am seriously doubting after 3 months) It wont be because you are asking nicely or making threat of action. Better he has to deal with two law enforcement agencies and let them give him some options.

Good Luck,
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comininhot
Hey Matt I sure hope you might call me when you get this figured out jay.
Jay,
Are you the guy that checked out the motors of the 33 PP raceboat Matt sold me in 4/2004?
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
  #19
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default Re: Help!!!

3) get refferals

Ok Joe
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
  #20
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: Help!!!

In all fairness, the guy in question did come highly recommended from Sydwayz. That's the only person that I know in the area that has actually had him work on their boat.....even though he's supposedly been doing it for 25 years.

I wonder if Sydwayz ever got that $$$$ for the warranty claim?
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!

Last edited by OldSchool; 08-08-2006 at 08:15 PM. Reason: can't spell
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.