Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Jay,
Are you the guy that checked out the motors of the 33 PP raceboat Matt sold me in 4/2004?
Gerard, yes that was Jay, he mentioned you just this afternoon regarding your other PP survey a few years past.....

Matt sorry to hear about your problems, hope everything works out....
Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
In all fairness, the guy in question did come highly recommended from Sydwayz. That's the only person that I know in the area that has actually had him work on their boat.....even though he's supposedly been doing it for 25 years.

I wonder if Sydwayz ever got that $$$$ for the warranty claim?
Yes, he did come recommended by Sydwayz. I don't hold anything neagtive against Sydwayz for the referral....he was just trying to help me out. Sydwayz is a respectable guy and I have no problems with him--period. As far as the mechanic goes, sometimes "good" people turn into "bad" people. In "fairness" to the mechanic" we have been talking about, he called me today and said he was going to wire me the money owed to me tomorrow.....hopefully!!

I sold some used marine parts recently and Sydwayz was the "mediator" between myself and his friend. Because of him, everything went smoothly. Thanks again Brian

Last edited by Semper Fi; 08-08-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Spicy
Gerard, yes that was Jay, he mentioned you just this afternoon regarding your other PP survey a few years past.....

Matt sorry to hear about your problems, hope everything works out....
I have no respect for Jay either. I paid him to do the engine inspection on the previous Powerplay's engines AND send me the results of that survey. I called him about 5x and never returned my call. I needed that survey for the loan...caused me some problems without it

I would never use his services again. If he was cool with me the first time, he would have been the mechanic fixing the motor on the boat this time-----Karma!!!

Last edited by Semper Fi; 08-08-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

.even though he's supposedly been doing it for 25 years.
Rut Roe. Guess maybe ### spends too much time on OSO giving advice than doing actual work??

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 08-08-2006 at 08:37 PM. Reason: name deleted
Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Yes, he did come recommended by Sydwayz. I don't hold anything neagtive against Sydwayz for the referral....he was just trying to help me out. Sydwayz is a respectable guy and I have no problems with him--period. As far as the mechanic goes, sometimes "good" people turn into "bad" people. In "fairness" to the mechanic" we have been talking about, he called me today and said he was going to wire me the money owed to me tomorrow.....hopefully!!

I sold some used marine parts recently and Sydwayz was the "mediator" between myself and his friend. Because of him, everything went smoothly. Thanks again Brian
Brian is a friend, I am just messing with him. Sorry that you weren't happy with Jay's services, He has worked on boats for me for years and I still consider him a friend. I would recommend him to anyone...but that's just me.

The bottom line is...Let's all hope that Matt get's his stuff back!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I am very surprised to learn of this. I have been in touch with Gerard, and I know exactly what is happening. As for both of the people that Gerard has had some issues with here in Maryland; they have both done well by me in the past when they worked for major area dealers. I have factory warranties on my powerplants, so I only take the boat to someplace where I have several escalation levels if I am not serviced well.

I do not have any experience with the folks in question since they have been on their own.

I wish there was something I could do to help.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trader1
I need the boards help on this. A Mech. whom I will leave nameless at this point, has my headers, a head, and one of my drives. I have been unsuccessful trying to contact him. I was told 3 weeks ago I would have them back but he has been ducking me. What next????????

burn his car down....thats what you do with x's too
Old 08-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after reading between the lines here, someone that is preaching look-up info and get referrals is going against all odds and creating some kind of disturbance??? With a problem like this going on for over 3 months??? He comes here to preach this (link to post #3). That to me seems risky at best, Joe whats up...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Registered

Brian is a friend, I am just messing with him. Sorry that you weren't happy with Jay's services, He has worked on boats for me for years and I still consider him a friend. I would recommend him to anyone...but that's just me.

The bottom line is...Let's all hope that Matt get's his stuff back!

I guess it's different if you aren't there to go down to their shop and see what they are actually doing. I hope the mechanice clears this up and we can close this issue. I'm done with boating for a while.

If I decide to buy a boat someday in the future, I will have to be completely on top of the people involved. I will never, ever deal with mechanics, engine builders, etc.....that are out of town again. This was a horrible experience for me and Matt. (Trader1) I am happy to say that Matt and I are still friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.