Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!! >

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Notices

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
They didn't allow anyone else to race because they wanted the Brand New Rio Roses boat to get the title in SV Unlimited in KW.

Come on, Reggie didn't welcome that competition last year....

If he wants to race fair and prove what he's got, have him show up in Destin with that so called "Cat Killer"...

Stay tuned....
Sharkey Fountain Hater, Fountain supports SBI/APBA/UIM and will not race OSS just like Fiore said he will not race SBI...so there this is nothing but armchair racing. However SBI has the biggest Super Vee fleet and the most competition so if Fiore thinks he has the best boat he should bring it over to SBI and try his luck.
For starters let's see Fiore/Outerlimits do a REAL kilo run and not some,"hey the GPS said we went blah blah blah mph"! So far all Fiore/Outerlimits is doing is talking out of the side of there mouth...let's see some real sanction event records.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 12 pages of discussion Reggie has already won. Like him or not he's a genius at keeping his name and his boats the main subject of conversation among the performance boating community. Hell, I don't particularly like the look of Fountain's but I think I'm going to buy one just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I am not a fan of Reggie the person after meeting him many years back. I can't but applaude him on what he has done with his boats. At one time I said I would never own a Fountain. That has change recently as he has boats that fit my needs. Love him or hate him reggie builds a good product for a fare value.

I also Met mike Forie , who I thought was a great guy, but his boats are out of my price range,. I would love to own a outerlimit but due to cost Fountain could be on my hoist before a Outerlimit which I like more.

It all comes down to what fit your needs at a cost you can afford.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Sharkey Fountain Hater, Fountain supports SBI/APBA/UIM and will not race OSS just like Fiore said he will not race SBI...so there this is nothing but armchair racing. However SBI has the biggest Super Vee fleet and the most competition so if Fiore thinks he has the best boat he should bring it over to SBI and try his luck.
For starters let's see Fiore/Outerlimits do a REAL kilo run and not some,"hey the GPS said we went blah blah blah mph"! So far all Fiore/Outerlimits is doing is talking out of the side of there mouth...let's see some real sanction event records.
Well said!
Fountain has a couple boats in OSS dont they? I know they didnt have a one in Vegas.
Ive said it before I'll sayit again...Bottom line is no one will ever win every SINGLE race although Fountain wins some rediculous 90%, and team Corvette won every single race in the Le Mans series a couple years back, but I guarantee that if Fountain/OL raced 10 times, the beak will win at least 7-8 times.
As far as the two boats go, Its kinda like Corvette vs Ferrai, Fountain bein the vette and OL the Ferrai. Yes the Ferrai is flashyer and turns more heads and is more rare but also cost a WHOLE lot more. The vette is still an American icon, just like a beak, not as rare, and cost alot less, and what do the Ferrai and OLs have in common....They are both staring at the rear ends of a Vette and FOuntain all the time. If these machines are classified as PERFORMANCE machines, and NOT SHOW PIECES, then the Fountain and Vette are the only thing that matters

PS: I still think OLs/Ferrai are as awsome as it gets, If I had tons of $$$ I would buy a Ferrai 2-300k, but neve an OL 7-800k, please give me a break
Old 11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

How quick he forgot about KW last year with OL's V-47

Other OL Race Boats:

1.Jus' Truckin'
2.Media Master
3.Wild Child
4.Obsession
WOW!! how impressive!! Just imagine Mikey's trophy room!!

one can only dream

4 race boats...just imagine all the R&D that OL has invested in providing the boat racing public thru out the years

is this Nov's joke of the month?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Sharkey Fountain Hater, Fountain supports SBI/APBA/UIM and will not race OSS just like Fiore said he will not race SBI...so there this is nothing but armchair racing. However SBI has the biggest Super Vee fleet and the most competition
SBI had 3 super vee's at their nationals, 2 skaters and 1 fountain.... i wouldn't make too much of a big deal about 3 boats versus 2.... OSS had 9 boats compete over the season, 6 of which raced more than 3 races (7 counting wazzup)... SBI had 7 boats that raced over the season, 5 of which raced 3 or more races.... so who has the bigger fleet?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Why should Reggie switch race clubs? He was here first. Reggie has been loyal to SBI and ABPA for years.

Now Mikey says I won't race you unless you ditch all the loyal folks you've been with all these years? OSS who? How long has OSS been around?
Yeah, sure....

Just more excuses like John Kerry. uhhhh Kilo time again or still licking the wounds?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered

In case you had a brain fart, FOUNTAIN has won more races than ALL other manufactors COMBINED.

what excuse can you offer now
Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Why should Reggie switch race clubs? He was here first. Reggie has been loyal to SBI and ABPA for years.

Now Mikey says I won't race you unless you ditch all the loyal folks you've been with all these years? OSS who? How long has OSS been around?
Yeah, sure....

Just more excuses like John Kerry. uhhhh Kilo time again or still licking the wounds?
SBI had 19 boats that actually ran in 13 classes at their "Nationals", yeah, why would you want to leave that? oh yeah, cuz he can "interpert" the rules however he likes...

and SBI's kilo's have been cancelled twice now (once at reggies place).... is there really no boats who want to run or is somebody scared that a boat might show up and beat somebody? enter your conspiracy theory here...
Old 11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Quick Reply: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.