Like Tree0Likes

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Registered

My Boats: 92 AO 3100
Default Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREAT SOUTH BAY
I didn't know that people who lost their lives in boating accident were classified as daddys money with no respect for the boats they owned???

Huh?

That's not at all what was said in my post, that you quoted.

Could you please explain.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

perhaps not the best choice of context

I think he's attempting a reference to the more (often easy) money than experience/ skills/respect for the sport thing that we all know is out there.??

We've seen and heard the stories right here on the board of rookies with cash going out and buying a 80-90-100 MPH floating "toy"

Of course the only time it's brought to light is when something bad happens involving this particular demographic, and most often it's in the everyday/weekend recreational world, not poker runs...and all too often alchohol has been involved.

but still, how many of these accidents waiting to happen are out there? and how much more fuel are we adding to the potential fire making it so easy to buy that kind of speed at the corner dealer?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike
Sharkey Fountain Hater, Fountain supports SBI/APBA/UIM and will not race OSS just like Fiore said he will not race SBI...so there this is nothing but armchair racing. However SBI has the biggest Super Vee fleet and the most competition so if Fiore thinks he has the best boat he should bring it over to SBI and try his luck.
#1 I don't dislike the Fountain boats. See my coverage of photos from all the events.

#2 Fountain supports Fountain. He is funding the whole show so he is calling all the shots. Just as he did in KW last year.
Unfortunately if JC doesn't follow orders from the money source he looses his sponsorship. Then who does he turn too?

#3 From what I see, your are wrong about the SBI having the largest S Vee fleet, but that was never important now was it ? Especially in Super Vee Unlimited.

#4 Outerlimits already tried to race Super Vee Unlimited with SBI in Key West last year until Reggie heard about it and put a stop to it. Reggie had his opportunity to race them in Key West and turned them away along with Donzi and the Firewater Team leaving him to go out with his BRAND NEW boat that had to be kept afloat with shrink wrap only to idle across the start line to give him a World Chumpionship Title. It doesn't get any more pathetic than that.

Downtown42,
Whatever the OL trophy room may look like, at least they were earned with competition and not bought ...

I assure you that you won't see an OL getting a Super Vee World Title the way that the Fountain took the one last year in Key West and then brag about it.

I think it is safe to say that OSS wouldn't have allowed the boat to even be on the course if knowing it couldn't pass pre-race inspection due to the brand new boat's bottom had delaminated in testing....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippem
perhaps not the best choice of context

I think he's attempting a reference to the more (often easy) money than experience/ skills/respect for the sport thing that we all know is out there.??

We've seen and heard the stories right here on the board of rookies with cash going out and buying a 80-90-100 MPH floating "toy"

Of course the only time it's brought to light is when something bad happens involving this particular demographic, and most often it's in the everyday/weekend recreational world, not poker runs...and all too often alchohol has been involved.

but still, how many of these accidents waiting to happen are out there? and how much more fuel are we adding to the potential fire making it so easy to buy that kind of speed at the corner dealer?
can you tell me why there is a brand new 35 in the racks at a nameless marina in FT Lauderdale that has the whole port side wiped out?? I can. 21 yr old guy that didn't have a clue what he was doing. to fast? unstable? dinking? inexperince? anyone with a ck book. and It can be any brand OL/ cig? FOUNTian/ FORM/ ect-ect-ect-

Last edited by cosmic12; 11-01-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2006 272 Cobalt

just something to compare to .... Formula 353 Fastech is 9500 lbs dry.... Fountain 35 is 8600lbs... I would take the ride in the Formula in any "rough water"....
Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered

let's try to stay away from the brand to brand comparos/bashing...it's a dead end argument, and steers us away from the REAL issues of marketing/selling readily available big speed to anyone
Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: 92 AO 3100

My reference to "Daddy's money" is understood by most. Maybe it wasn't exactly daddy's money, but basically someone who quickly aquired enough funding to jump into the performance boating scene with little or no previous experience. Their decision to start near the top of the performance boating scale was likely not discouraged by the salesman.

A similar comparison would be the newly licensed 16 year old that is handed the keys to a new Vette, Viper etc. While showing a friend how cool and fast their new car is, a situation may arise that causes them to lose control mainly because of the lack of driving experience. While with today's autos safety features and innovations, looping the car a few times and even kissing off the the guardrail or center wall will not likely be fatal. doing the same in a high performance boat usually results in devastating and sometimes fatal results.

I hope this clears it up, for you.

Last edited by 9 Lives; 11-01-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

I can tell you my dealer made sure I knew what was going on. Mandatory test drive. I agree more stupid accidents will occur with higher speeds.
Education.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREAT SOUTH BAY
I think you need a time out for that remark just my 02
Attached Thumbnails
Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!-license-plate.jpg  
Old 11-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

I'm thinking that handsome "feller" with the 50 IQ is back to do less than contribute to intelligent responsible discussion.