Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com??? >

Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???

Notices

Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com???

Old 03-18-2002, 06:30 PM
ScreaminDemon

I am just tired of all the apache,cigarette, fountian bashing , I just don't get it, they must be just jealous I guess.
Actually, its starting to look the other way around!

Old 03-18-2002, 06:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell my boat isn't perfect. Had to get a tear in the apholstery repaired. Have dings in the gel and the rub rail. I love Cigs and Apaches and Fountains and Outerlimits and most all the rest of the offshore go fast scene. I think most go fast boaters love to look at all the different boats that are out there when we go on a poker run. I love to walk up and down the docks and have guys show me there boats and see how proud they are of them. Just as I'm proud of mine. Hell if I had unlimited funds I would have to consider the new 50' OL as one of my favorites. I think its time we all stop being so petty about things being said and let each owner of their boat express thier loyalty and give thier personal experiences in getting their new machine if they like.

Time for everyone to let it go!! Lets Go Boating!!!

Last edited by ActiveThunderTodd; 03-18-2002 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:43 PM
ssherman

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

Trust me no one wants to hear my whining avout the problems I had with my interior the first two years i had the boat but if I was buying a boat for the quality of the interior i would buy a mariah or something i bought mine to beat the **** out of and haul ass in rough water and in comparison to any other v-bottomin its size and power it has excelled everytime i have put it on the water and 25k later my interior is finally how i want it and wait until you guys see it

Old 03-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Registered

I will add that while I have not owned at 37 active thunder, this is my second AT so I do have some experience with the quality of the boats as well as the people that build them.

As I said before, lets all just get along...
Old 03-18-2002, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

THUNDER DAN, did you get paid for that THUNDER post
Old 03-18-2002, 07:19 PM
EndlessSummer

Thunderdan - why get along? All these people who are complaining (or criticizing) are indeed jealous. They either do not own a boat or own some "old" antiquated boat. They just can't stand it when success passes them up. Most professionals understand that the top builders offer quality and performance, and each builder has their following for a reason.
CIGARETTE - heritage
OUTERLIMITS - big power and wild looks
THUNDER - hi performance
APACHE - rough water perdormance
FOUNTAIN - even though a production boat, speed

Old 03-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Registered

Endless-

It is simple because I am happy with my boat as well as everyone else is happy(well almost everyone) with theirs. It is a matter of choice, and simply put Life is too short to argue or banter about the TOYS that we have. We should all just be happy that we are lucky enough to afford such a great activity.

Jassman,

nope, just wanted people to know that I indeed have owned an Active Thunder, as a matter of fact it was still in my driveway until two weeks ago when the new lucky owner took delivery.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

Personally I don't think there's any thing wrong with a little friendly competition as long as you don't cross the line. When it gets to bashing a certian brand or individual is when it crosses the line. Every one is entitled to thier own opinion and I think this board allows people to express them and if the manufactures have thier eyes on this board these opinions could prove very valuable as a barometer to what current and future customers want.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I can see this stirred up some emotions and a lot of chest thumping by AT owners...and in case anyone is interested, I have nothing against AT and I'm sre they build a fine boat, but some of you AT owners just don't get it.

When a guy asks for an opinion on a boat inevitably an AT owner comes on and tells the guy to go look at AT---no matter what the guy is looking at---it could be a 36 Skater and someone will say "go look at AT, man, they're the best!" As I said, offer an opinion which is relavant to the subject matter and it has some credibility, but when you tell a guy looking to spend 40K on a used boat to go visit the AT factory, your just trying to get AT some free press for whatever reason...

That's all I'm gonna say on that matter, I'm over it.

As for Mrs. Endless Summer, I assume you are referring to my "antiquated" 6700lb 1975 Cigarette 28SS which by the way runs 67mph on radar and is only turning 4600rpms(it's overpropped).

Compare that to some of today's boats and I think you'll find that this antiquated boat will hang with anything built today with similar power. Maybe jafo(sorry dude) or AT can tell us how their 28 runs with the same 350 mag MPIs I am running.

Any takers? Keep talking smack and I'll drop in a set of ProChargers and come after you 32 AT owners.

Last edited by Sean; 03-18-2002 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:03 PM
ScreaminDemon

Here come the excuses, and excuse number one is: OVERPROPPED! Can't find the right set up anywhere, huh? Or do you prefer to run around with an over-propped set so if someone challenges you, you ALREADY have your excuse?

Maybe jafo(sorry dude) or AT can tell us how their 28 runs with the same 350 mag MPIs I am running.
much FASTER THAN YOUR 67!

Any takers? Keep talking smack and I'll drop in a set of ProChargers and come after you 32 AT owners.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR EMBARRAS YOURSELF.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.