Like Tree0Likes

Outerlimits rolled in Norway?

Reply
Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
  #11
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Cat & Mice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Draper, Utah
Posts: 285
Default

WOW!! I hope everyone comes out OK!!

The water seems to be pretty smooth. Must have been a big boat wave that they hit. Can anyone tell if the drives or tabs are in odd positions? I just wonder what went wrong. Honestly if I was in that boat I would feel pretty safe and not think a boat wake could do this.

Hate to see this happen.

MP
Cat & Mice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:18 PM
  #12
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC
Posts: 8,667
Default

looking at the piks (even flipping the pik so the boat looks rightside up) the drives and tabs look fairly neutral... the props look like they are spinning in.
phragle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:22 PM
  #13
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
AppSysCons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
My Boats: CURR: 230LX, PREV:2007 30 Skater, 2003 36 Skater,1998 37 OuterLimits, B-Class race 28 Magnum
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat & Mice View Post
WOW!! I hope everyone comes out OK!!

The water seems to be pretty smooth. Must have been a big boat wave that they hit. Can anyone tell if the drives or tabs are in odd positions? I just wonder what went wrong. Honestly if I was in that boat I would feel pretty safe and not think a boat wake could do this.

Hate to see this happen.

MP
Not much of a picture to work with, but everything looks straight and level. Tie bar looks intact, and props look OK. Drives slightly turned.
Attached Thumbnails
Outerlimits rolled in Norway?-ol.jpg  
AppSysCons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:53 PM
  #14
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Cat & Mice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Draper, Utah
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSysCons View Post
Not much of a picture to work with, but everything looks straight and level. Tie bar looks intact, and props look OK. Drives slightly turned.
Yeah I guess everything does look neutral. I wonder what happened?

Sounds like the passengers and driver had seat belts on and I bet they saved their lives. That should be a lesson for guys in full canopy boats to have belts.

Any update or news on the people involved?

MP
Cat & Mice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
  #15
Registered
Thread Starter
 
rockstrmkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Marco Island, FL
Posts: 1,326
Default

I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think this was a canopy boat, all the pics in the Outerlimits section show it open.

Crazy! looks like the entire bustle is off the back of the boat. I never would have thought that that was a totally seperate piece just laminated on????
rockstrmkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:17 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Back4More's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lake Michigan
My Boats: 353 Fastech
Posts: 6,624
Default

Hope all involved pull though...
Back4More is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
  #17
Registered
 
jryan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More View Post
Hope all involved pull though...
Me too. That was a beautiful boat.
jryan26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
  #18
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default

Hope everybody is ok.
As for the powerboat, it's only a boat. They make new ones every day. The crew is what is important.
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
  #19
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Cat & Mice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Draper, Utah
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstrmkr View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think this was a canopy boat, all the pics in the Outerlimits section show it open.

Crazy! looks like the entire bustle is off the back of the boat. I never would have thought that that was a totally seperate piece just laminated on????
Yeah you are right it is a open cockpit. I was talking to Dustin and he said that they had belts. You don't see to many open cockpit boats with belts.

MP
Cat & Mice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:08 AM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
My Boats: PQ 260/Laveycreft 29MCOB/ Now Boatless :-(
Posts: 1,087
Default

I always wondered why belts are not worn or included. I guess there is the argument of the boat flipping and getting stuck. But I think it makes a lot of sense.
bert4332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.