Outerlimits rolled in Norway?

Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Makes me sick to my stomach
Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that sometimes waves seem to come out of no where. What is the visibility like sitting down looking through the windshield? Can you see that further enough ahead in a boat like that to get a perspective of wave activity like you can in a stand up position?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
I always wondered why belts are not worn or included. I guess there is the argument of the boat flipping and getting stuck. But I think it makes a lot of sense.
The chances of getting stuck in the boat, unconcious, are far too likely for most to want to chance it. The one person in this accident that got stuck underneath it, is SOOOO lucky they didn't drown. I'd rather be thrown 50ft from the boat, and float in my jacket, than to have to unstrap myself, underwater, then find the way to the surface......all of this assuming I was even awake.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

That's kinda what I was assuming, I wonder if insurance companies keep stats on whether people get launched vs. smacking into the windshield or cabin?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
That's kinda what I was assuming, I wonder if insurance companies keep stats on whether people get launched vs. smacking into the windshield or cabin?
I'm not sure about that, and it does happen.

Usually when there's an accident however, the boat goes over, or hooks REALLY hard. Usually some of the seats are ripped in half, or out from the base, that you'd be strapped to. A human body isn't as strong as those seats, so it'd be your body taking the full force of the water, without being able to give at all due to the seatbelt harness. Personally I'd rather go for a ride through the air than fight to escape the boat, should I even have the chance. Even if I did smack the dash, then get ejected, I can fix a broken face, or heal from cuts & bruises.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"I saw the crash in the mirror and knew it was serious straight away," Solberg told AUTOSPORT. "The boat had turned over and was effectively on its roof. I turned around and went back flat-out, I was first on the scene. Some people were out of the boat already, but there were two more trapped. My co-driver jumped in the water to help and I followed. It was a really bad situation."

The two racers, who had been trapped by their seatbelts in the upturned boat, were freed by Solberg, his co-driver and others who arrived on the scene soon after
Old 06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many people were riding in the boat?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks bad
Old 06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.racer.com/2009/06/solberg...erboat-racers/
Old 06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well at least everyone sounds like they will be OK, what a scary deal. Pretty impressive that the guys in front saw it in their mirrors and turned around to help. Even after turning around and getting out of their boat, jumping in the water they still had time to rescue the people trapped. That is very lucky.

MP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.