Like Tree0Likes

32 skater rough water ability

Reply
Old 01-31-2010, 11:03 PM
  #91
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSmith View Post
Not one single time in all 9 pages of this thread has anyone said anything about an Apache.
An Apache would have went to Hong Kong & back in Typhoon conditions on one engine with water contaminated fuel before the Skaters or Laveys even would have made it out of the harbor.
Because the owner of a 32 skater was wondering what was the max water
conditons he could drink a beer and not spill it.
Someone posted one running with a Evo Lavey running in a lite chop and made some
comparisons! That's when the fun started. Now your post makes no sense at all! A tank would also run through a building better than my CLS 55 AMG Mercedes but I don't run through buildings that often or take my Skater to hong kong through a Tyoon.
Bill just ran 186 in a open cockpit on 93 oct running about 2700hp ,,now run half that speed with the same power in a 40 Apache and get back to us!
Don't hate the player just the game!!!

Last edited by HotPursuit; 01-31-2010 at 11:10 PM.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
  #92
Registered
 
JasonSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPursuit View Post
Because the owner of a 32 skater was wondering what was the max water
conditons he could drink a beer and not spill it.
Someone posted one running with a Evo Lavey running in a lite chop and made some
comparisons! That's when the fun started. Now your post makes no sense at all! A tank would also run through a building better than my CLS 55 AMG Mercedes but I don't run through buildings that often or take my Skater to hong kong through a Tyoon.
Bill just ran 186 in a open cockpit on 93 oct running about 2700hp ,,now run half that speed with the same power in a 40 Apache and get back to us!
Don't hate the player just the game!!!
It wasn't supposed to make sense.
An Apache "will" do the impossible when compared to anything else.
Think of all the what's better in the rough water threads & then you'll get it.
JasonSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 AM
  #93
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSmith View Post
It wasn't supposed to make sense.
An Apache "will" do the impossible when compared to anything else.
Think of all the what's better in the rough water threads & then you'll get it.
Oh I get it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
32 skater rough water ability-gps.jpg   32 skater rough water ability-jd-bryrider-flying.jpg   32 skater rough water ability-don-q-5.jpg  

HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
  #94
Registered
 
ViciousOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: North Channel, Lake St. Clair. MI.
My Boats: Vicious marine, 2000, Avenger 32 Cat
Posts: 513
Default

There is a rumor on the puddle that we live on that the 32DD Skater is getting some new "BIG" Cheif power soon !

Is it true or just rumor ? ?
ViciousOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
  #95
Registered
 
Hydro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: CT
My Boats: 2002 Skater 32
Posts: 162
Default

Skater 32 outboard getting home in an honest 6' following sea. We were doing 12 MPH. LOL LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaOEcJWL4-4
Hydro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
  #96
Registered
 
Aqua Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Key Largo, FL
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Skater 32 outboard getting home in an honest 6' following sea. We were doing 12 MPH. LOL LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaOEcJWL4-4
See! If you just had some more speed and started packing some air you could have gotten right up on top.
Aqua Nut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:39 PM
  #97
Registered
 
Hydro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: CT
My Boats: 2002 Skater 32
Posts: 162
Default

Yea..... we tried that. The waves were so far apart we couldn't span the distance. The guy in the back wanted to turn around and go to "Sunset Beach!"
Hydro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM
  #98
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
in race conditions, outboard cats (less than 32') outrun twin 525 vee's (38-40') on a normal basis. This is nothing new in the offshore world.
This is accurate, used to do it all the time with a 28 skater.
It all comes down to knowing how to run the boat.
Just because you have the money to buy a motocross bike doesn't mean you can go out and jump a 90' triple like Ricky Carmichael!
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 PM
  #99
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
The Chris's said the guy was a cool of a dude as theyd ever met, and (why shouldnt he be he has a 32 skater with twin 1100's.)

They both told me he said he kept getting too much air when he tried to push it any harder.

Maybe we can find him, Id love to hear his take.

UD
If he was getting too much air, he prob had it overtrimmed.
32 skaters like a slightly negative trim when running in 3' plus conditions. I"ve run mine 100 plus in solid 3-4' conditions and had a blast, however, not all passengers would feel the same way though!
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:16 PM
  #100
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Cape Coral, FL
My Boats: Renegade 32
Posts: 1,103
Default

Probably one of the best rough water races were the Worlds at Trumps Castle back in 1989 I believe. They had some nasty water and many of the boats we are referencing here, were there. Granted you had 5 to 6's at least but nobody had rough water speeds even close to what is being reported here. Apache and a couple Euro V's definetly did the best. Great tape to watch.
bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.