Notices

GEICO vs SBI ???

Old 02-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Gotta love this! Geico in the spotlight and the first boat coming at you at speed is a Fountain.

Lucky for them the announcer didn't ask for a 200 mph ride in the Caveman boat.

P.S. No offense here to the Gieco guys.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 02-25-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Gotta love this! Geico in the spotlight and the first boat coming at you at speed is a Fountain...
Not sure what you mean??
Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Not sure what you mean??

He is talking about the video that Sharkey posted from NYC ....
Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
John, Scotty and Marc have done more for this sport in the few years that GEICO has sponsored them than anyone else I can remember........they are the ultimate race ambassadors.....

BUT, remember, even before having GEICO, John put up his own money, BIG TIME, not only for his team, but for all of us racers, our friends, families, sponsors and fans..........there wasn't a person on any of the race sites that wasn't welcomed, fed and given absolute, unconditional hospitality by John and his group........and there was never a racer in need of a part if John had it in his trucks..........and John has never asked for anything in return from anyone, other than a hug and a high five..........when he came on the scene, the whole game changed, for the better...........I am proud to know him....SBI will miss MIss GEICO.....

....and yes, I switched the carrier for all my toys to GEICO........
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What puzzles me is that this industry is not that large...rumors go one of three ways...they come to fruition as the truth, a lie or sometimes incorrect information.

I'm not saying anything about anyone on either side here...this is hypothetical. How do people who screw people in an industry this small continue to do it...again and again...over and over...time and time again?

I don't think it's because the offshore community is forgiving or forgetful...but for the world of me, I just can't figure it out. If you burn me once, shame on you...if you burn me twice shame on me...that saying might be old, but it's true.

It's just odd to me how this industry seems to pull such "dishonest", for lack of a better term, people out of the woodwork...they conduct business, take advantage of people, somehow or another sleep well at night (maybe they take Ambien) and then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Someone, help explain this to me.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

My 2 cents for what its worth.... This is a problem between Gieco (the company) and SBI that they have decided to settle in court. The only effect this has on any of use is that it's a news story. Neither party has asked for help from the boards. Both parties are involved in attempting to continue the sport. Collectively we should probably allow these two parties to take care of their buisness on their own. Trashing either party does nothing to further the sport. SBI has races scheduled, Gieco is supporting races. Turning this into a Long Duck Dong tricks national marine thread will bring no remedy to either party or benefit anyone here. It is a private matter between 2 parties and we should probably respect that as we have nothing to gain, but much to loose draging these parties thru the mud.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrOffshore
What puzzles me is that this industry is not that large...rumors go one of three ways...they come to fruition as the truth, a lie or sometimes incorrect information.

I'm not saying anything about anyone on either side here...this is hypothetical. How do people who screw people in an industry this small continue to do it...again and again...over and over...time and time again?

I don't think it's because the offshore community is forgiving or forgetful...but for the world of me, I just can't figure it out. If you burn me once, shame on you...if you burn me twice shame on me...that saying might be old, but it's true.

It's just odd to me how this industry seems to pull such "dishonest", for lack of a better term, people out of the woodwork...they conduct business, take advantage of people, somehow or another sleep well at night (maybe they take Ambien) and then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Someone, help explain this to me.
If you steal $1000 from 100 people, they all hate you and your know as a crook. If you steal $100,000 from one person but are nice and generous to 99 others, only 1 person knows your a crook and your still a hero with 99 people testying to how great your are on this website and others. I cannot fathom why or how so many people on this board stand up for liars and cheats because they really are "great" people, despite the fact that they screwed over a dozens of people for hundreds of thousands of $$$.

This post has nothing to do with SBI or Geico, just an observation on this industry in general and my personal experience with another company.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,161 Likes on 3,670 Posts

Since AMF arrived at on the scene, Haggin's money and now Geico's Money has always been spent on promoting the sport!
Unfortunately, as they arrived on the scene so did the vultures,
There are numerous people that have tried to get their hands in the cookie jar.

There are a lot of poser's, and greedy people out there, singling them out is easy, because when the money is all gone so are they.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOffshore
Not meaning to be negative because there are some good people in the marine industry...but for every good person it appears that there are about 10 lurking in the shadows. I was involved in the industry for about 4 years and can't even begin to explain to you how happy I was when I finally parted ways. I met and became friends with a lot of great people...but I also met a lot of people I wouldn't throw a life preserver to. I think you really need to watch your back when dealing with people (not just in this industry)...the nice thing is a public forum like this appears to expose people for who they really are and helps other avoid being the target of less than scrupulous people.

Please note that I didn't pick any sides on this...but apparently someone is wrong here.

Thats unfortunate.. thats why this sport will never get the same attention with anything in the car industry..racing.. Too much politics=Too much Bullsh!t.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
I suppose that is true.

At least this story appears to be in writing in the way of contracts in which JC is accused of breaching.

I would love to know who's check the CBS Morning Show cashed for this Public Service Announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzXGHx-no8
Tim,
SBI put that together at no cost to Geico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.