Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LDD/Steven Wade Thomas VS. PS85 Conclusion >

LDD/Steven Wade Thomas VS. PS85 Conclusion

Notices

LDD/Steven Wade Thomas VS. PS85 Conclusion

Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

he suggested shipping with Bama Auto Movers out of AL.
.[/QUOTE]

That's a funny name for a shipping company!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow , this is great. Good luck in getting your money. As said before the key here is to stay on top of it. Santa Rosa is about an hour from me , almost got the chance to run into him looking at another vehicle he had on ebay a few months ago and never even knew it. Keep his name out there as being a scammer. THats how the other guy from ebay found this site. The internet is a very powerful tool these days and can work wonders in the right hands.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chandlerbing
Sorry to intrude on your board guys, but I have been discussing a vehicle transaction on ebay with a guy by the same name in the Panhandle, using the ebay user name "independent-wholesale ". Discussions with him led to maybe ending auction early for set price of vehicle.
Seems kinda questionable after reading his feedback. Has same of the same feedback response as LDD:
Same name Steve,

sells a vehicle to someone other than the winning bidder

Misleading description.

Ask him if he is LDD Steve from OSO that ripped off PS85. Put a link to this topic in your question so the other bidders can read it.

Last edited by SpeedGirl; 03-12-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: removed link to ebay
Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chandlerbing
Sorry to intrude on your board guys, but I have been discussing a vehicle transaction on ebay with a guy by the same name in the Panhandle, using the ebay user name "independent-wholesale ". Discussions with him led to maybe ending auction early for set price of vehicle.

Told would get back to him in the AM. Then started to get smart and tried to find his business name, or any info on "Steve Thomas" and found this on Google. The auction he currently has up has two phone numbers, one being cell. Anyone have an idea if this could be the same guy as LDD? If so, I am staying clear, but I don't want to assume it's the same guy, but this makes me pause. If this helps, he suggested shipping with Bama Auto Movers out of AL. Sounds all too close for comfort for me, but again, I don't want to blow a deal due to confusion. However, viewing his completed auctions, one was a boat.

Anyone with some feedback or suggestions?

Thanks.
I would walk away before I purchased a Disco from that guy with his feedback.

I am a Land Rover Dealer if you need a clean Disco. Tom

Last edited by SpeedGirl; 03-12-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: removed link to ebay
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

lien on his paypall account..
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's all kinds out there...glad you got this settled, best of luck collecting...in the meantime, if you don't sell your debt to a collector I might know a few people who would gladly buy the debt...that is as long as you're ok knowing that they don't work in the exactly the most ethical or legal ways of collecting...pain is there largest motivator in collections, but from what I've see they're very successful at finding ways to get blood from turnips.

On a side note you might see what other legal steps you can do to secure your money/judgment...ie, mechanics lien on is house, property, business, etc. I would think you could get that done...in some cases if the debt isn't paid you can force the sale of property or even put them into foreclosure, this would give you possible first position on a lien.

I like the idea of hiring skilled debt collectors...they typically bring havoc into the lives of low life deadbeats.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I would walk away before I purchased a Disco from that guy with his feedback.

I am a Land Rover Dealer if you need a clean Disco. Tom
90% positive feedback isn't high enough when you're dealing with any significant purchases...cars, trucks, boats, etc...it's a risk anyway you shake it out in my ebay experiences.

Not to disrespect the Disco, but I think Land Cruisers are the way to go...my 95' Cruiser has 190,000 miles on it and runs like new...no rattles, no noises...just like new! Though I could use some of the Disco cup holders...that's weak point for Land Cruisers...not enough cup holders.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Registered

Decided to edit my post after thinking about it..

First things first, that is Steve but hear me out... I know the guy has f'd myself and others in the past but after many talks I do truely believe that he may be changing his tone. With some people it takes something to happen in order to make that happen, which I feel has. In his defense he has been in contact and is willing to work at a settlement.

The point to this is?? If he makes nothing, I get nothing. He lately hasn't been trying to screw people over according to my research. As with everything in life, approach everything with caution. He's selling cheap cars, often with hardly any profit. I have no problem letting him start over as long as it's on the correct path. Give the guy a chance to prove himself and don't mess his accounts. We both need him to make money, just be aware and don't act foolishly.

Thanks George

Last edited by prostock85; 03-12-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

George - are you sure it's him? Does the cell phone number in the auction match your records?

Yesterday, I was all over this Disco, then found this fourm last night, and it was all stop! I understand that people can see their wrong doings and correct their ways, given the chance. It's just "do I want to take the risk?" Hell, I know the need to make $$ and what it's like to be in debt to someone.

Currently, after speaking with him, would you now do a deal with him? Out of state? Your answer would say alot.

Plus, I don't have a clue now, how to persue this transaction and keep the risk to a minimum. Perhaps it best for someone else to buy the vehicle and for me to just move on.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Cell records match

Would I do business again? Depends on the dollar amount and would def not do a contract. It would be paid in full through eBay/paypal using a cc to have double protection. Also you should have someone local inspect it. There are many members here that may be willing to make sure things go right.

I have spoken with many of the people he has recently done business with and they were pleased with the results. I've even spoken with the people who left neg feedback, it's usually over petty crap on a thousand dollar car. Make sure to ask slot of questions and if something rubs your wrong then walk away. He's trying to do things right, maybe not cause he wants to... Cause he has to. I'll even bet if you ask him he will clearly admit that's it's him. That should be your first indication as to being truthful or not. Let me know how it turns out.

Last edited by prostock85; 03-12-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.