Notices

JBS turbines explode!

Old 07-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
"We at Turbine Marine Inc. push our product to it's limits,and beyond.We not only test our turbine engines in our fully equipped test facility,with out in-house turbine dynamometer ,we test entire new engine systems in pleasure boats and on the race circuit all year long,on a day to day basis.This is all to reassure our customers that they are getting the most reliable,powerful and refined engine package available today."

-this is a quote from turbine marines web site and what I (and others) believed to be true

-these are some quotes from John Arruda after the twin turbine failure

-"please get a life trust fund brat"
-"I did the maintenance on your boat"
-"I don't have to supply you or any customers with any part numbers"
-" if there was a oil pressure issue,it should have shown up on the gauge and warning light"
-"I will take care of any problems my customers may have when or if they arise"
-"all the work completed on the engines,including the spare was done as inexpensively as possible,as you had no money to spend"
-" there are many improvements that can be made to the spare engine now,if you want to spend the money"
-" in my opinion you should take it the way it is,and use it with care" (talking about spare turbine)
-"the alarms are on oil pressure and EGT only"

I was never given the option to have a lesser or better quality turbine built-and at no time did a conversation take place that involved compromising the integrity on the equipment
What caused the failures lack of oil pressure?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who would have thought that within the price range of a turbine powered Mystic there would be this kind of bs from an engine builder. With the kind of money it takes to own and operate a boat like that you would think they could make life miserable for the builder.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by runningtabs
Didn't they turn geico up and turn JBS down in key west 2008?that's ****ed up
What exactly does this mean ???
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
What exactly does this mean ???
I think someone is implying that Geico was given a "tune up" and JBS was given a "tune down".....

I think it might actually be better at this point to let JBS and Turbine work it out offline, but I don't think that is going to happen given recent developements.

Last edited by Big Time; 07-19-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
I think someone is implying that Geico was given a "tune up" and JBS was given a "tune down".....
Runningtabs is implying that.

Who is Runningtabs ??

Who supposedly did the UP/DOWN tuning?? Turbine ??

There could be a hundred reasons why one boat was turned up and one down. Who knows where they were set on an individual basis in the first place ??
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by runningtabs
Didn't they turn geico up and turn JBS down in key west 2008?that's ****ed up
What I find ironic is that even if true, well especially if true, Gieco with their budget has gone to another turbine builder. Why? when your faster than anybody else why change? If your happy with product, price and support and are on top, why change? When you can crack 200 at will, nobodies chasing you and its running good why change?

Even if 4 new turbine mystic teams appeared tomorrow, it would still be a while before any really became a threat to Gieco, simply because of the testing, r&d, setup knowledge they have aquired over the last couple of years not to mention the seat time Mongo and Precious have in a turbine at speed. I think Marc is more comfortable running 180 in the boat than he is buying a slurpee at speedway....

On a given day skill can beat knowledge or knowledge can beat skill... when you have both...

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see JBS or anyone out there push them hard and make them actually have to run the boat. They aren't unbeatable, but your going to have to do your homework and eat your wheaties.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I hope he's insured, you know, maybe with All-state, or Prudential, or maybe with GEICO.
OMG, you went there
Old 07-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
What I find ironic is that even if true, well especially if true, Gieco with their budget has gone to another turbine builder. Why? when your faster than anybody else why change? If your happy with product, price and support and are on top, why change? When you can crack 200 at will, nobodies chasing you and its running good why change?

Even if 4 new turbine mystic teams appeared tomorrow, it would still be a while before any really became a threat to Gieco, simply because of the testing, r&d, setup knowledge they have aquired over the last couple of years not to mention the seat time Mongo and Precious have in a turbine at speed. I think Marc is more comfortable running 180 in the boat than he is buying a slurpee at speedway....

On a given day skill can beat knowledge or knowledge can beat skill... when you have both...

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see JBS or anyone out there push them hard and make them actually have to run the boat. They aren't unbeatable, but your going to have to do your homework and eat your wheaties.
You know what? Sometimes your posts are so articulate you blow my mind.
Now if you only had a paid membership and posted 300 pics from St. Claire, the world would be round.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mongo and Precious......

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA
Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered

. . . not to mention the seat time Mongo and Precious have in a turbine at speed. I think Marc is more comfortable running 180 in the boat than he is buying a slurpee at speedway....
First "coffee-spitting" comment of the thread. Mongo and Precious?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.