Cosker On Mystic Delamination >

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Notices

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watching paint dry now!!!

changes have been made to both structure and the actual running surface design.

tomorrow we will finally have the boat level so the exhausts can come out of it and i can do the hot end inspections...even after the very short run we did in st.clair!... just like arruda was charging jeff for! lol

we are cutting it close for MI city....but we shall see
Attached Thumbnails Cosker On Mystic Delamination-img_0820.jpg   Cosker On Mystic Delamination-img_0816.jpg  
Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered

by the way a HUGE THANKS TO SKATER and the people involved in helping us out! WAY OVER THE TOP...pat has been an animal working on the hull. and huge thanks to mike that has been helping me work on the trailer that has been a nightmare! even thanks to WHM for lending me their 20 ton bottle jack!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
"Saying AFTER the fact, that the boat should have been brought in at the first sign of trouble, sounds more like a cop out for lack of a better term, to put the responsibility on Jeff & Joe's shoulders, instead of the manufacturer's shoulders for making a mistake with their method of laminating? "

=....how do ya like my thread!....

we would have never finished one race if we needed to stop first sign of "cosmetic" damage! good thing we have brian on our team that is the head painter of a massive body and paint facility, or we would never have even started a race! brian also spent months at mystic.

Who was on the Radio Saying it was only cosmetic? as I recall an old thread it was the JBS support Team, Was John C on the Radio saying to keep going? Pretty Big Factor!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tomorrow we will finally have the boat level so the exhausts can come out of it and i can do the hot end inspections...even after the very short run we did in st.clair!... just like arruda was charging jeff for! lol

tell Peter to SMILE dammit !
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Didnt the Geico Mystic have a bottom issue as well?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice big ole piece of balsa and some vinylester will fix her up!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Registered

jeff and i were having a laugh in the boat while running this weekend...i was telling him (while LOL) he had the mystic side and he was worse off! then he answered with it would snap roll and crush me on my side.

"Nice big ole piece of balsa and some vinylester will fix her up!
"....funny how strong it is!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Racer
Racer

Obviously Skater knows much better than I, but I am surprised at how small the bonding surface for the repair scarf joint is. 3 inches of glue is all that is keeping a 3 foot section of bottom from blowing off.

Is that really enough at 200mph? I don't know so if anyone can explain it I would appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Registered

it's both a chemical and mechanical bond.

the boat is now back at skater with the prop cut out no doubt. surprisingly in great shape considering.

i have some work to do with the engines in the boat. then take them out and do the appropriate inspections.

the tubes gotta come off.

the starboard side of the hull will then be cut off/out as the port was. then there is a ton of work to make them both to JBS Racing spec's. While the engines are out; we will be working on both sides internal structures on top of what is touching the water.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

It will be interesting to see the results of those changes, especially to the hull of a boat designed to run 200mph and has done so.

As to the "hot end inspections", are you saying that Turbine Marine charged JBS Racing for work it did not do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.