Notices

Eat your hearts out turbo's!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Rob
Get in touch with Doctor Bob out of Chicago and ask him what he thinks of his turbo engines at are in his redone Cougar. Tommy at Chief built them for him. He has owned both blowers and turbos. See what he thinks.

Big Andy
Andy,
Thats one of the set of engines I was referring to in my posts, I think the other ones are in broken arrow? I'm not doubting the perf, hp or the reliability. what I was referring to were the people that just say blankety blank does this and so and so has a gazillion hp motor with 57 turbos in a fiat and beats everyone, but has no vids or anything to support their claims.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
I am definately in the Dustin Whipple fan club...he does tons of research and development for us crazy boaters, and thousands of his superchargers are out there as a testimony that he builds a great product. I am also very aware of his continuing quest to better himself and his product for the marine industry....

Having said that... could you marine turbo guys please post some pictures or dyno runs or boats with big horsepower turbo marine performance engines so the rest of us mere mortals can gauk at them.

I know of one...and will try to find pictures of it...but where are all the high horsepower turbo performance boats that are working so great??

Turbo's have been around a long time...

Please come forth and share... and only performance marine stuff please.

Chris

P.S. I think Dustin went to run these engines in a poker run this weekend.

Per your Request..............
Single engine #6 Checkmate 300,......running shot on Lake Cumberland.
Attached Thumbnails Eat your hearts out turbo's!-check300_key_1.jpg   Eat your hearts out turbo's!-check300_key3.jpg   Eat your hearts out turbo's!-check300-3.jpg  

Eat your hearts out turbo's!-check300-12.jpg   Eat your hearts out turbo's!-check300-13.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One More.......

PS...........Boat runs in excess of 110
Attached Thumbnails Eat your hearts out turbo's!-check300-5.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am definately in the Dustin Whipple fan club...he does tons of research and development for us crazy boaters, and thousands of his superchargers are out there as a testimony that he builds a great product. I am also very aware of his continuing quest to better himself and his product for the marine industry....

Having said that... could you marine turbo guys please post some pictures or dyno runs or boats with big horsepower turbo marine performance engines so the rest of us mere mortals can gauk at them.

I know of one...and will try to find pictures of it...but where are all the high horsepower turbo performance boats that are working so great??

Chris

Per your request................

Dr. Bob's 38 Cougar with Chief Turbo's

Running 96 mph plus
Attached Thumbnails Eat your hearts out turbo's!-miami_boat_show_fun_run_082.jpg   Eat your hearts out turbo's!-keys-trip-11-09-033-large-.jpg   Eat your hearts out turbo's!-keys-trip-11-09-011-large-.jpg  

Eat your hearts out turbo's!-4-2-engine-bay-2-large-.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris

Lastly..........Per your request is Broken Arrow 47' Apache
can't remember the speeds any more but well beyond 100 mph........seems it was in the high teens ???
Attached Thumbnails Eat your hearts out turbo's!-chiefturbos3.jpg   Eat your hearts out turbo's!-chiefturbos8.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Also Brad Smith and Tyson build some really nice turbo packages also. They currently put a new skater together which I believe you will be seeing alot more of.

Jon
Old 09-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cougarman,

Thankyou... that is some really cool stuff!!

Are there any of those (or others that are in a boat) that are making over the 1850 hp mark that Dustin is currently making?

Chris

P.S. How does the #6 do in a single application? I noticed that you are running a left handed prop in order to try to counteract engine torque...how does the boat handle?

Last edited by CB-BLR; 09-25-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cougarman,

Thankyou... that is some really cool stuff!!

Are there any of those (or others that are in a boat) that are making over the 1800hp mark that Dustin is currently making?

Chris

I believe ( Chief Engines ) and (Brad Smith and Tyson ) have both built engines at that range or within about 100 hp if I'm correct. If not hopefully someone will correct me.

In regards to the photo's posted the checkmate has the most power 1,500 hp built by Earhart Engineering. He as been running that same engine since 1990 at those power levels.

For a long time the engine was not the prettiest, Function was priority. About a full two years ago the cosmetics was addressed which also improved the full package as well.

Meaning better Intake and better intercooler.

Ps. Tom Earhart has the same engine in his boat and same power level.
However its a SUPER Tall deck. Anyways a daily driver same as the Checkmate.
Tom has been building turbo engines for 25 years.

#6 drive works perfect on a single set up. Was there something specific your asking?

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by cougarman; 09-25-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn7iT...ayer_embedded#!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Per your request................

Dr. Bob's 38 Cougar with Chief Turbo's

Running 96 mph plus
Jon thnx for sharing and Dr Bobs cougar is a Badd MoFo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.