Help with Fountain Factory >

Help with Fountain Factory

Notices

Help with Fountain Factory

Old 05-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LPBoater
I own a Fountain and really like it. It's a shame to watch everyone jump on the bandwagon here. For all of you who own Fountains and jump on the bashing band wagon, you are only killing the re-sale value of your own boat. Joe900sc - I'm sure you are having problems getting through - not doubting it. But there's always 3 sides to a story - yours, mine and the truth. It would be nice to hear something from Fountain - keeping in mind the possibility the truth could make things better or worse for Fountain.

Merlin - ever tried to get anything out of the skater factory?!
LP, Nobody is bashing the product, just the pitiful customer service. Two sides to a story - sure, but no return phone calls is inexcusablefor any company.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I spoke with a human at Fountain!

I'm trying to find from Fountain how to fix my fuel tank problem. (There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the vent hose at the tank, so I'm hoping they can advise me.) I know it's just a first step, but I did just manage to speak with Gail. She says Steve will have to call me back, so we'll see. At least SOMEONE is answering the phone over there!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

LP i think stringers pulling up kills the resale more than badmouthing the manufacturer--this thred wouldn't be here if the boat didn't break
Old 05-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny......Me And my buddie just talking last night about the stringer issue !! Seems to me thats a biggie!!! Nobopdy has comented on that
Old 05-21-2002, 01:59 PM
merlin540

when i called skater for advise on the set up for the old/new agitator <im sure anyone who knows skater knows the boat named agitator> peter called me back in the same day with the set up that he suggested on the 32 SO LOOK OUT! it was a great performer years ago and it will be a better performer today. fountain powerboats shouldnt just blow that guy off and thats the fact of the matter period.

Old 05-21-2002, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 731 Likes on 328 Posts

I bought a used 1996 Fountain in late 1998. I contacted the factory to get some basic information regarding the boat. They sent me their performance data sheet for my boat. Since then I've called regarding transducer placement and stress cracks. They never returned my call regarding transducer placement on a step hull. When I finally got through to someone the location they gave for a transducer was wrong. My call regarding stress cracks were never returned. I finally took photos and mailed them to the factory. Eventually I did recieve a return call but they only wanted to discuss their warrenty position. I only wanted to know a course of repair. I sense something happened within Fountain about two years ago. It may have been the declining sales combined with his attempt at building the 60 ' cruiser that never happened, whatever they seem to have forgotten customer service.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Just got off the phone with Jeff Harris My boat will be done and delivered to me next week!!! He talked to me about some of the issues from this thread and I actually started to see his side of the story. THey are really busy with a short staff. Right now all is well with myself and Mr. Harris.And I will be riding in Gambrinus next week. Can't beat the beak! Daryl

P.s Gail Lane has always been on the ball and always called me back!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Daryl...what's Mr. Harris's side? There is always two sides to a story and I'm sure he has some perspective to add. But there are enough stories in this thread to concern me if I was a Fountain owner. If they are short staffed, why does it have to become the customers problem? These are expensive toys that represent a significant investment for the typical boat buyer. A few phone calls can eleviate a lot of tension, even if its just to say they haven't started the project yet but its going to get done.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:16 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Short Staff????!!!! Sounds like a personnal problem. Where are you headed this weekend Daryl?
Old 05-21-2002, 06:44 PM
BoatDetails

Wink

Joe,

What was their explanation, cause, and repair of the stringer problem?

Please get an expert in fiberglass repair to inspect. This is only to protect your money in the "beaked wonder." Boats with broken stringers can be worthless......

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Help with Fountain Factory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.