Best Single Engine Cat Design

Notices

Best Single Engine Cat Design

Old 02-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:
His comments are dangerous as they lack any foundation, merit or substance. This is commonly called misrepresentation. You should drink more coffee or Redbull after 10,000+ posts and take a break instead of bagging on this kid NATE .

Yes! and you need a place to put the motor and transom assembly. Catmando you have come a long way in your posts and impart facts and alternate ideas for those asking questions.

Comment:
I would join the above comments X 1000 and add the price of the latest used 26 RPM with minimal if any hours... is worth looking into. You would be very fool hardy if you didn't follow up on it with a call to Steve.

KAP

P.S. All the other choices are excellent as well. Seriously, I can find very few faults with the hulls and builders mentioned. It all comes down to the relationship you want to have with your boat builder which may include customer service and personal boating needs you may have.

P.P.S Any single engine cats that do not have a centerpod uhhhh I can't think of any.
Cobra 30 terminator true cat single engine.. 28 ocean express true cat single engine,
Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja555
Cobra 30 terminator true cat single engine.. 28 ocean express true cat single engine,
Hey Baja555:

Thanks for the post you right with respect to the Cobra 30 Terminator run with single O/B. I don't think they are made anymore!

As for the 28 Ocean Express Sport Cat it has a pod.

It is not the full length of the hull nor very large but it's there. Really high X-Dimension on that boat the friggen engine is sitting damn near shoulder height. You need more than a scoop to accomodate the engine. No experience with this hull wonder what that does to the CG.

I could not think of any hulls made by current boat builders making a single engine cat without a pod.

I thought about it for awhile and the F-1 tunnel hulls might also qualify... but really not a pleasure boat/ production hull if that were the case then so are the Unlimited Hydros.

Thread related this threads author might also want to consider twin engine outboard boats. There is a beautiful Skater with outboards for sale in the classifieds and probably within your budget... 100MPH boat all day long.

KAP
Old 02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

26 redline hands down. I owned a Nordic Thor which is a much nicer boat than the eliminator but can not preform like the rpm. RPM is a great boat all around and Steve is the man, he rigged the Thor when I had it.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Hey Baja555:

Thanks for the post you right with respect to the Cobra 30 Terminator run with single O/B. I don't think they are made anymore!

As for the 28 Ocean Express Sport Cat it has a pod.

It is not the full length of the hull nor very large but it's there. Really high X-Dimension on that boat the friggen engine is sitting damn near shoulder height. You need more than a scoop to accomodate the engine. No experience with this hull wonder what that does to the CG.

I could not think of any hulls made by current boat builders making a single engine cat without a pod.

I thought about it for awhile and the F-1 tunnel hulls might also qualify... but really not a pleasure boat/ production hull if that were the case then so are the Unlimited Hydros.

Thread related this threads author might also want to consider twin engine outboard boats. There is a beautiful Skater with outboards for sale in the classifieds and probably within your budget... 100MPH boat all day long.

KAP
Yeah, Cobra had limited success and are defuncted now..The RPM cats seem very nice and I have never heard a bad word about them. Plus they are a great bang for your buck..
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja555
Yeah, Cobra had limited success and are defuncted now..The RPM cats seem very nice and I have never heard a bad word about them. Plus they are a great bang for your buck..
Hey Baja555:

Well it seems my initial conclusion is correct no single engine cats being made without a pod. This brings us to choice the RPM is a great cat for the money.

All of the RPM's to date are inboard power it would interesting if someone built a 26RPM with outboards hmmmm. I almost did but wanted a bigger boat for offshore conditions. I already have a lake hot rod.

KAP
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

If I remember correctly 28 profile & 26 awesome don't have center pods.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

I find my 26 AO rides quite nice in the rough up to the point its not long enough to span the rollers. It rides worlds better than the 26 firehawk I owned.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Pocket Listing:

Here you go...talked to Steve at RPM he has a 2009 26RPM customer took possession of the boat in April 2010.

The boat is immaculate HP525 with ITS, Smartview Gauges, trailer and everything to get you on the water. Comes with the covers as well virtually turn key package.

PRICE: $89,5000 OTD

This boat is not listed anywhere on the net you need to call Steve Tripp on this boat.

KAP
Old 02-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vette131
Comment:

Nope they have pods not very big but they have them. The 26 Awesome is not in production....at least not lately. I might be wrong though sometimes production occurs for certain customers.

From an engineering stand point you need the pod to set the motor down into it and bolt the drive on. The Ocean Express cat has a small pod but the engine is mounted super high not a good idea IMO. If it were a true tunnel and you installed the engine in the center of the tunnel the motor would be a huge air dam behind you and the CG would be dangerous if not stupid high....and scary in turns.

KAP
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vette131
the original 27 awesome did not have a pod ... for some reason when they changed to the 26 it had a pod..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.