Old 03-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rule 1: Party Naked
Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
I think you need a new set of friends ......
Yup!!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
No shoes on my boat (goes hand in hand with rule #1, but ignorant people need to be told explicitly)
I'd like to add a few:

NO SHOES; and if you are ever invited on a boat remove your shoes and it will greatly increase your chance of being invited again. (stated already in above quote)

Don't pack enough junk for a week. Space is limited.

No heavy drinking.

No clowning around while running fast and always hold on.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
3. The Captain will drive as fast as he feels like. Cry and scream if you want. You will make it back to land and no one is forcing you back out.
I have to disagree with this one. You should never drive faster than any one person is comfortable. Saying that, if the boat owner can't/won't respect the comfort levels of the people on board, those people should get out.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Run_em_hard
I have to disagree with this one. You should never drive faster than any one person is comfortable. Saying that, if the boat owner can't/won't respect the comfort levels of the people on board, those people should get out.
I would propose another rule to deal with that:

Don't accept a ride in a "go-fast" boat if you don't like to go fast or don't like loud engines.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#2 and #7 need work, but the rest I can agree with!

I always have bought my own fuel becuase of how "I" drive the boat.. The majority of the fun is running the sticks, so if someone else is paying for it, it doesnt seem fair that I burn it as fast as I do.. If you want to throw $100 in the tank, you're more than welcome to do so but its not expected at all..

With that being said, I'd prefer they pick up the drinks, ice, snacks, lunch, etc. instead.. And if someones wife is comin and NOT bringing hot single friends, they better be packin some sammiches!

edit: oh, and no smoking, I get plenty of it from my outboards.. bleh!

Last edited by waterboy222; 03-23-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I would propose another rule to deal with that:

Don't accept a ride in a "go-fast" boat if you don't like to go fast or don't like loud engines.
I guess that depends on what "go fast" means to the person.

Example: If I am out in the water and my wife isn't comfortable going 80 with conditions however they are, I am going to slow down. The same if its one of my buds, I may give him $hit later though. If my wife brings a friend boating and she gets uncomfortable going anywhere over 60, I can respect that. If she can't handle anything over 35, than we will have a problem.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Gas money is always welcome but not expected. I would be out there with or without them so i would be paying for the gas anyway.

And at the end of the day i always have all onboard pitch in and wipe the boat down when it gets pulled out. I have spray bottles with dilute simple green and towels to wipe down with.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Run_em_hard
I guess that depends on what "go fast" means to the person.

Example: If I am out in the water and my wife isn't comfortable going 80 with conditions however they are, I am going to slow down. The same if its one of my buds, I may give him $hit later though. If my wife brings a friend boating and she gets uncomfortable going anywhere over 60, I can respect that. If she can't handle anything over 35, than we will have a problem.
Well I am not married so don't have to deal with a wife. I sea (sic) your point there. I let everyone know ahead of time that I will be driving as fast as conditions allow and that I have many years of boat driving experience and that there WILL be some air time involved and that this isn't your granddaddy's boat. I figure that a day on the big water is costing me at least several hundred dollars and if you can't handle going fast or if you have some physical problem that limits your ability to be bounced around that you should decline the invitation. I will stand fast on that rule!

I also expect nothing from my guests. No gas; No work. If someone brings beverages or pays for my lunch at a stop that is appreciated but not expected either. I only ask for good company and for you to take off your f*cking shoes!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Whenever you grow up rule #2 will change.
I think #2 should have read:

2. Guys MUST bring a MINIMUM of 1 girl so as you are not the idiot trying to hit on everyone else's girl and If it is your wife, she'd better not be a ***** or you and her both are not going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.