Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for $75k or under??? what can be bought >

Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for $75k or under??? what can be bought

Notices

Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for $75k or under??? what can be bought

Old 01-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

[QUOTE=Stormrider;3597094]http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o43630-en.html

Adam, youd be better off spending the extra 20-30K on this fountain.....just sayin
Old 01-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

302 Sport,
You are misinformed, or didn't understand my position.
There is nothing "Fishy" with the fact that the engines were swapped between the Express and the Skater. Both were completely and professionally rebuilt by Dave. The engines that were in the Express made a little more power, so the owner at the time decided to put them in the boat he was going to keep.
I own the boat now, there is no one else involved. It has been run on the hose here many times, stored inside here, and never run in the water since Dave test ran it after the engine install. I have had the boat in my posesion since Dennis owned it.
I am not going to sea test this boat or any of the other boats we have, without insurance to cover in water use. In an effort to offer the lowest possible price I will sell this boat either way, with or without a sea test. Besides the insurance, there are several other cost involved to get a boat in the water. You have to prep it, fuel it, launch it, run it, haul it, clean it, and return it to storage, not to mention pulling my crew off other projects we are working on and that it takes 3 men 1/2 day each way to get the boat in and out of the warehouse. It cost a considerable amount of money. At the 69,000 price a sea trial IS included.
The engines are Mercury 1000's. On race gas they make 1000 HP (10psi boost) They are detuned (reduced boost) to run on 92 octane pump gas. They made 900.97HP at 5700rpm at 7psi max boost on the dyno. We have the build and dyno information available. With a pulley and jet change you can adjust the engines to accept the fuel you have available. This is not a one of a kind engine combination. The Merc 1000/900 is very common.
The Ocean Express will never have the performance efficiency of a 40 Skater. If you had a full cabin and a stand up cockpit with seating for 8 in a 40 Skater, I would predict it would be the slowest 40 Skater ever built. It is all a compromise, you have to decide what is best for you. You asked for a 100mph boat for less than $75k, I think it's a lot of boat for a great price. That is why I responded.
Regards,
Peter
Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks peter Ive also talked to Dave and the story is a lot clearer now. I appreciate your input
Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post