Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New guy on here, about to buy new boat.... Help me pic! >

New guy on here, about to buy new boat.... Help me pic!

Notices

New guy on here, about to buy new boat.... Help me pic!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ignore post #30. Funny but far from accurate..

Last edited by POWERPLAY J; 04-30-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 96 225 CCR. It was a great boat for what it was. But it was no where near a performance, or rough water boat.

Here are a few things I would check. The bow eye, and tie downs, had no backing plates, just some washers. First time i winched the boat on the trailer I pulled the eye through the fiberglass.

I would be willing the bet the headliner is sagging in it. (seems to be a common problem) only way to fix is to replace. spraying new glue will do absoultley nothing, as the foam has worn out.

Anything over a 1-2ft chop, is a ROUGH RIDE

Anything over 5 peeps is crowded.

Mine was a 454/B3, and 54mph seemed to be all she had. 57 was the best I ever saw in perfect conditions.

It was a GREAT family/watersports boat, and would stay on plane at low speeds, but after 1 ride in the velocity, I could never go back.

As much as I loved the crownline, I would look hard at the formula.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 225 CCR and it was a nice boat really meant for a family of four or 5 any more than might want to look for something else, but thats really any boat that size unless its an open bow. Both boats are nice. Personally the Formula wont do much more performance wise, my crown did 53 with 6 people in it.. I would buy the newest best boat for the money. Heres the deal any boat from 20-35 ft is going to pound your ace going 45-60 in anything over a chop.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by minx163
Two cabin boats and a Baja? your kind of all over the place.what is it exactly your looking for? Dead rise ? Freeboard? Cuddy Cabin? Quality? Sex appeal?

Formula is an Aronow founded boat company best built quality out of all previously linked boats. But the 223 is only a 22 dead rise.
Not sure but I think the Baja and the Crownline are 21 dead rise. the Crown has the most free board out of every boat company but also makes them tanks Slowwwww, big wake, very heavy to tow.

Bajas are not considered a premiere boats unless you own one

The Formula 242 that was link is a 24 dead rise. that will be the best riding boat out of all in a chop, But requires a little seat time to learn the quarks of a 24 dead rise.

Here's a nice pre step Z boat for short money http://boats.iboats.com/1987-donzi-p...s/1154125.html
I would agree that baja is about usless no cabin really small cock pit and is probably going to take water the worst out them all. But I disagree with you on the crown they arent that heavy, think mine was like 3500lbs which for that size boat isnt bad.

But yeah I dont know what he wants. Performance or run about, cuddy or not. I mean he might have to choose what he wants.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by minx163
Not sure but I think the Baja and the Crownline are 21 dead rise. the Crown has the most free board out of every boat company but also makes them tanks Slowwwww, big wake, very heavy to tow.
I assume that the Crownline 225 CC and 225 BR are the same hull. I owned a 225 BR a couple years ago, it had 19 degrees of deadrise. That Baja has 24 degrees, which will make it ride much smoother in rough water.

Freeboard is the height of the deck from the water line. The Crownline definitely has less freeboard than the Baja. You must be thinking of something else.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I would agree that baja is about usless no cabin really small cock pit and is probably going to take water the worst out them all.
24 degrees of deadrise on the Baja will make it take rough water way better than the 19 degrees of the Crownline. I use the cabin in my 24 all the time for sleeping and extra curriculars, it's small but it's far from useless. It's probably also pretty much the same size if not a tad larger than the cabin in that 22.5" Crownline.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered

I was thinking of these 2 boats .

I see that the Baja is indeed a 24 dead rise
But unfortunatly it will always be a Baja:

There are two kinds of boat owners.
Those that own a thunder boat "Aronow"
Those that don't
Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Another boatless Baja hater... color me surprised
Old 05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check the floors in that baja, they check out it wins hand down, However I will say i strongly recommend finding about with a fiberglass layed floor
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crossett
Another boatless Baja hater... color me surprised
Crack me up Cross

I don't think I'm Boatless

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM4LFaij5yo&list=UUcUo6ccx0b0ZekCBPPdAdBA& index=2&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.