Hustler Powerboats 39 Rockit Tops 130 mph

Notices

Hustler Powerboats 39 Rockit Tops 130 mph

Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 829 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by triple 300s
stop ASSUMING! OMG! Please STFU. Eddie uses super duper injectors that aren't even readable on flow charts, they are so good they can handle any horsepower put to them and flow at any percentage wanted.

No where in your "questions" have you simply asked "how big are the injectors?" Instead you make assumption posts, with assumption numbers, telling him how to calculate injector percentages off of an assumption.
I did see on the dyno sheet Eddie posted it noted that he used 65 lb injectors-Smitty
Hey, where can I get some of them super duper injectors??
Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
I did see on the dyno sheet Eddie posted it noted that he used 65 lb injectors-Smitty
Hey, where can I get some of them super duper injectors??
Nothing "super duper" about them. The problem is that Haxor likes to assume and juggle the numbers to attempt to make his point valid. His little scenario is off a little. Some of it maybe true if the injectors were in the intake runners. They aren't. They are in the rear of the blower in vacuum, not trying to fire into a pressure vessel. In say a Procharged app (or a WHipple with the injectors in the intake runners), you would be lucky to support 1000 hp with (8) 65 lb injectors. Not the case here. Also, I NEVER said they made over 1100 like Haxor said. My exact quote is around here in one of these threads.

I realize there are no bsfc #'s. We don't have a flow meter large enough for the return side. It's not my dyno. I'm trying to close the deal on a new shop that is 3 times the size of the one I have now, so that problem will hopefully be fixed soon. However, a decent combo with a Whipple will make .5 bsfc #'s. The other problem is his pressure numbers. We have a base pressure of 60 psi. The regulator is 1:1 with boost, so that means we have approx. 72 psi under boost.

So,that leads us to the math. A 65 lb injector @ 43.5 psi becomes 83.6 lb. @ 72 psi. Now, if we plug that into the following formula (inj. size x Duty cycle / BSFC = hp per inj. x8 injectors = hp potential.

83.6 x .85 / .5 = 142.12 hp per injector x 8 inj. =1136.96 hp potential. That is at 85% duty cycle in a perfect world. At full boost, we are actually about 90%. Just for your info, 90% duty cycle can support 1203 hp.
Thank you for playing.
Eddie
Old 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered

And yes, I turned the pressure up when the engines went in the boat since I changed the pulley.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered

And just for clarity, if you plug in the numbers from the dyno, you get the following:

injector flow @ 55 psi= 73.08 lb.

73.08 x .9 / .05 = 131.544 per inj. x 8 inj. = 1052.352 hp potential
Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Young Performance
Nothing "super duper" about them. The problem is that Haxor likes to assume and juggle the numbers to attempt to make his point valid. His little scenario is off a little. Some of it maybe true if the injectors were in the intake runners. They aren't. They are in the rear of the blower in vacuum, not trying to fire into a pressure vessel. In say a Procharged app (or a WHipple with the injectors in the intake runners), you would be lucky to support 1000 hp with (8) 65 lb injectors. Not the case here. Also, I NEVER said they made over 1100 like Haxor said. My exact quote is around here in one of these threads.

I realize there are no bsfc #'s. We don't have a flow meter large enough for the return side. It's not my dyno. I'm trying to close the deal on a new shop that is 3 times the size of the one I have now, so that problem will hopefully be fixed soon. However, a decent combo with a Whipple will make .5 bsfc #'s. The other problem is his pressure numbers. We have a base pressure of 60 psi. The regulator is 1:1 with boost, so that means we have approx. 72 psi under boost.

So,that leads us to the math. A 65 lb injector @ 43.5 psi becomes 83.6 lb. @ 72 psi. Now, if we plug that into the following formula (inj. size x Duty cycle / BSFC = hp per inj. x8 injectors = hp potential.

83.6 x .85 / .5 = 142.12 hp per injector x 8 inj. =1136.96 hp potential. That is at 85% duty cycle in a perfect world. At full boost, we are actually about 90%. Just for your info, 90% duty cycle can support 1203 hp.
Thank you for playing.
Eddie
"Down goes Haxby...Down goes Haxby!!!!"

Maybe Haxby was using a French Canadian metric conversion table....that is where the confusion must of come in.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Since you guys want to keep talking about this..

I realize there are no bsfc #'s. We don't have a flow meter large enough for the return side. It's not my dyno. I'm trying to close the deal on a new shop that is 3 times the size of the one I have now, so that problem will hopefully be fixed soon. However, a decent combo with a Whipple will make .5 bsfc #'s.
You really think a 555 spinning a 3.3 whipple hard enough to make that kind of boost is going to live at BSFC of .5 at 6000rpm? Really, is that what you're claiming? I was being generous when I estimated .55.

The other problem is his pressure numbers. We have a base pressure of 60 psi. The regulator is 1:1 with boost, so that means we have approx. 72 psi under boost.
Silly me, I just read the the fuel pressure numbers off your dyno sheet that were the same for both pulls.. How do those injectors like running at 72#'s ?

Thank you for playing.
Eddie
Here's a serious question, why don't you just use the correct sized injectors so you can stay at 80 to 85% duty cycle at a lower psi? How's the pump like running 72psi? Is that one of the reasons it needed to be upgraded?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

And just for clarity, if you plug in the numbers from the dyno, you get the following:

injector flow @ 55 psi= 73.08 lb.

73.08 x .9 / .05 = 131.544 per inj. x 8 inj. = 1052.352 hp potential
Yep, with a BSFC for a N/A marine engine, minus the power it takes to turn the blower, all the accessories, parasitic losses, friction, etc.. How much is left to make useable horsepower?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Since you guys want to keep talking about this..

You really think a 555 spinning a 3.3 whipple hard enough to make that kind of boost is going to live at BSFC of .5 at 6000rpm? Really, is that what you're claiming? I was being generous when I estimated .55.

Silly me, I just read the the fuel pressure numbers off your dyno sheet that were the same for both pulls.. How do those injectors like running at 72#'s ?

Here's a serious question, why don't you just use the correct sized injectors so you can stay at 80 to 85% duty cycle at a lower psi? How's the pump like running 72psi? Is that one of the reasons it needed to be upgraded?

I never once said it was the ideal setup. However, I have done it before and it works. I didn't upgrade the injectors to 80's because at some point in the very near future they are going to step up to 4.0L Whipples. At that point, we will ugo to (8) 80 # injectors. Until then, this will work. They can then sell this entire setup and start over.
As for 72 psi, Procharger does it all the time with their rising rate regulators. Again, not the ideal situation, but it works. And for the record, it's only 72 psi at full boost. It's there probably less than 1% of the total run time.

I don't want to keep talking about it. I have MUCH better things to do with my time. I only knew about it because someone called and told me. I haven't been on much lately. I'm up to my ears in work that has to get done. However, when someone takes unwarranted and unprovoked shots at me, you can bet that I'm going to defend myself.

At the end of the day, I don't give a frog's fat ass what you think, Smitty thinks, etc. It doesn't even matter what I think. What does matter to me is that my customers are happy. I'm sure that ya'll would hear about it if they weren't. I haven't heard anyone *****in yet, so I'll keep doing what I'm doing and trying to better myself and my products.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I can respect that and will gladly let this thread get back on track.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Registered

At least we agree on something.
Thanks
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.