Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever! >

JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever!

Notices

JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jen didn't eat her steak an the manager cut a peace an eat it. Thats His steak after He tasted it an He should have offered her some thing else. Or took it off the bill. If You would have eaten Your meal it would look like a scam for a free meal. You didn't. An then He wants to fight. Wow what a great manager. He will get his day with the right bad a$$. Artie
Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcall02
Did he offer you anything to get you back in the doors such as 50% off your next visit, a few free drinks....anything? Possibly your own reserved slip for a month. lol Or even better, that POS manager has to wash your boat everytime you stopped there to eat for the entire time he is still employeed.
JB Hooks is only accessable by land. It sits very high on a cliff and has a great view of the lake.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Ok I don't ever complain about service or food as I understand how tough it is to get good people to work at these places but...

I just had the worst most unbelievable experience I have ever had at any restaurant I have ever been to, and being 47 and traveled all over the world I have been to a few!

Long story short...my wife and her friend went to JB Hooks in the afternoon for a drink after shopping, etc. Before they even sat down they were pushy about what they wanted to drink and eat...no big deal but they thought it was odd. Later on I decided to join them for dinner. We had a couple drinks and appetizers, then ordered dinner. We decided to split a KC strip steak which they did. We ordered the KC because the guys sitting next to us had them and they were thick and looked great. When ours came it was cut length wise and about 1/2 to 3/4 thick. After tasting them, they were tough and tasted horrible. I raise beef for a living and know what even a decent steak tastes like....this was not good. The manager on duty did show up and ask how everything was, but it was just after we were served and we hadn't tasted the steak yet. Jen didn't eat hers and I choked half of mine down since I didn't want to order again. I asked to speak to the manager and told him about the steaks. He immediately became defensive and asked what was wrong with them, to which Jen replied it tastes bad, taste it, and he immediately cut a piece off her her steak and ate it, telling her it was delicious!
He ended up telling us we just wanted a free meal and he was going to call the cops! He threatened me...I lost it and called him a couple names (don't mess with my wife!) to which he then wanted me to go to the parking lot and handle it there!!

I got everyone out of there and called back to ask the managers name. He answered and threatened me again and wanted me to come back and fight him!
Wow, JB Hooks used to be class act and now it's the bottom of the barrel!
I will never go there again and you can bet if I can ever find the owner I will let them know how well they are represented by the idiot in charge.
Sorry for the rant but I still can't believe what just happened!
I post this here so if anyone comes to the Shootout you can avoid this place at all costs! Go to Baxters insted, they treat you like humans there.
that really sucks,,i know what you mean when you raise your own beef and then try someone elses,,it almost tastes likr they pumped up the cow with drugs...

as for the manager threatening you,,i would have knocked his azz out the first time he offered,,and the place to do it would have been my fameous place and that in the doorway..you gotta be first in order to get the full effect when you open the door and hold it for him then slam it into his face....then you tell the officer that he got so excited and fell into the door and knocked himself out.....works every time.......
Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Go on to Yelp, Urbanspoon,Opentable, and some others and give them a poor rating and tell your story.
That will hurt them, and if the owner cares about his business he should read what people have to say.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have dropped him . Never been there before.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered

Texas: I have certainly seen my share of "scammers" and trust me I am not one of them. I pay my own way through life and expect others to do the same. It wasn't an issue of money, we left them over $300 for a $168 bar and food tab. He was just an out of control a$$ and that's all there is to it.
If we were drunk obnoxious, rude and loud and even trying to scam a free meal (which we were not any of those!) this guy would still be wrong.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

The owner will hopefull fix it, and if he does I will come back on here and sing his praises! I'm not out to 'get' the owner, he wasn't there. We have alway enjoyed JB Hooks and look forward to enjoying it again, just not with this bozo in the circus!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

Texas: I have certainly seen my share of "scammers" and trust me I am not one of them. I pay my own way through life and expect others to do the same. It wasn't an issue of money, we left them over $300 for a $168 bar and food tab. He was just an out of control a$$ and that's all there is to it.
If we were drunk obnoxious, rude and loud and even trying to scam a free meal (which we were not any of those!) this guy would still be wrong.
I totally understand where you are coming from with the issue with the manager, not a good course of events.....but why on earth would you leave a "tip"? $300 for a $168 bill?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fogducker III
I totally understand where you are coming from with the issue with the manager, not a good course of events.....but why on earth would you leave a "tip"? $300 for a $168 bill?
He won. waitresses didn't cook the meal an He let them know the mananger was wrong. Good for You. Sounds like You kicked His A$$ last night. Artie
Old 08-02-2012, 06:34 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

we left them over $300 for a $168 bar and food tab. .

WOW! I hope the waitress was really hot Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

We have many river front restaurants where I do my boating and the majority of them are over priced for sub-par food and service. But of course they are packed for the summer months because it's the place to be for being on the water and IMO many people do not have an appreciation for good food and service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.