JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever! >

JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever!

Notices

JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Texas: I have certainly seen my share of "scammers" and trust me I am not one of them. I pay my own way through life and expect others to do the same. It wasn't an issue of money, we left them over $300 for a $168 bar and food tab. He was just an out of control a$$ and that's all there is to it.
If we were drunk obnoxious, rude and loud and even trying to scam a free meal (which we were not any of those!) this guy would still be wrong.
just to be clear I have no doubts about your story....if you had been a scammer you would be reporting about the fight you had with a restaurant manager in the parking lot

I am just saying that sadly I think your experience is the culmination of people that are scammers and bad managers that do not know how to deal with those types.....so they get walked on by them over and over.....and then when there is finally someone that has a legit issue.....and someone that they know has dignity and some class.....they take that particular opportunity to "stand their ground" and not give an inch on the poor food or poor service

if you had been some drunken professional scammer (all the worse if money was not the issue which it often is not with many scammers today) that manager would not have dared challenge you to a fight because he would know damn well he would be out in the parking lot taking a beat down because scammers have no dignity....that is why they are scammers

sadly management is often not trained to deal with these types or worse somehow thinks they can appease them and "keep their business" when the reality is their business is not worth a damn and it would be better if they actually would challenge those types to a fight....instead they deal with the scammers wrong and "stand up to" those with a legit complaint....which means legit customers will not be back and the scammers will flock to the place until it goes under giving away free food to people that are making up BS...all the worse when they do have a bad product delivered and then choose that time to go off because they think that will make up for all the times they were scammed

my comment was really more to those that say "the customer is always right".....not anymore that is a great way to go broke these days and the person that came up with that slogan and let it go public should be flogged

more and more today it is better if you cut ties with many customers then you can afford to step up and recognize when you have delivered bad service or a bad product instead of making a fool of yourself to someone that you probably want as a customer while appeasing those who have no worth as a customer

the manager took advantage of the fact that you were not going to brawl with him to make up for all the times he should have brawled with a customer and was scared to
Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fogducker III
but why on earth would you leave a "tip"? $300 for a $168 bill?
Originally Posted by SummerObsession
2012 Skater 40 Merc 1100's
Because he can?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Texasvines, do you by chance own a restaurant?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by purrfection
Texasvines, do you by chance own a restaurant?
no but I have worked in some in the past and have had many friends that have managed restaurants.....I pretty much eat out every meal as well and pay attention to what I see...I have worked in other service industries in the past as well which is how I know the customer is often not right and in fact is often an idiot

there is a large and growing % of our population both with and without personal resources that thinks that anything that does not go their way means something is FREE FREE FREE

I am not saying this is the OP of this thread at all.....I am saying that the OP of this thread and all of us that pay our bills are victims of this

it is like stores that go out of their way to not prosecute low level shoplifting......why in the hell should I shop there wouldn't it be much smarter for me to just steal from them like everyone else since they will not do a damn thing about it......and why should I pay higher prices for their "social conscience" BS when I can just steal like everyone else

of course the answer to this is I am not a thief and as we all know if I or many members of this forum were to steal from a store with a "social conscience" like that suddenly they would want to prosecute us.....because we don't fit into the picture of the person "stealing (candy, cigarettes, alcohol, pharmaceuticals, expensive meats) to feed their kids" or "to have something to eat for the day"....we fit into the demographic that is suppose to pay more to make up for those that are stealing "to get by"

it is the same thing in restaurants people that order an appetizer each, either devour it like a pig at a trough or eat less than half of it and then send it away without a complaint, same with an expensive entree, deserts, run the service staff like their own personal slave......then when everything is long cleared from the table ask for the manager and start to complain how it was all bad from the start to the end then of course stiff on a tip even if the bill is cut by 25% because it is the wait staffs fault as well for not knowing they were not happy.....we all pay when a manager caves on a group like that (again not the OP)

or the group that complains from the time they are seated until the very end while of course ordering more and more things and eating a huge chunk of it or all of it and running the service staff ragged......really the water was "bad", the free bread was "bad", and the appetizers and drinks were "bad" and yet you still kept ordering thinking it would get better (again not the OP)

we all pay for these types....these are the types that the manager needs to take a stand with and say no you will pay the FULL check or I will call the cops and please do not come back to the restaurant ever thank you......instead of waiting to confront someone they know will still pay and tip like the OP (thinking they will not bother to contact the owner unlike the OP)

it is like going to a Chinese Buffet that you know is good and watching certain types load up a plate piled high like they are about to feed 5 or 6 pigs.....they take 5 bites and toss it and head back to the buffet to do the same.......the Chinese owner (since most are owner operated) will be ALL OVER that usually and tell them right off do not load up your plate again like that or you can just go ahead and hit the door......it is cheaper for them to lose out on that one plate than watch some idiot do that for 5 or 6 plates in a row and then still complain none of it was good and want a discount...the owner of that type of place knows that customer is a loser both in profit and in general....they are of no value to a business trying to make a profit so they can be offended before they even get a second plate to waste 90% of and leave and never come back.....just like a Korean store in some areas....they stay open because they watch people....instead of being "socially conscious" and watching them steal them blind and charging everyone else even more.....of course they are vilified for doing this by some
Old 08-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night
Old 08-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night
sorry to hijack this thread....again I am sure the OP had a poor experience and it sucks that happened for them...unfortunately I feel experiences like this will be more frequent into the future
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 385 Likes on 154 Posts
Please somebody wake me up when this thread's over .........