Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph >

Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph

Notices

Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph

Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
^^^ i would agree with that. My tiger is 9800 dry, and tops out at 75 (did 77 once) thats with 630 per side and xrs, straight bottom. Step hull is 7-10 more but the extra hp should put it at 90+..with nxt trans and all the power robbers, i think its right on the money as well.
And a 911 Turbo that had 265 hp was awesome and one of the fastest cars on the road with that power in 1986 but that certainly wouldn't sell new today with that kind of performance.....

This boat is venturing into the big boat market and needs to match performance and features offered by the competition to be successful. Unfortunately top speed is a huge selling point that this boat needs to improve or it will be a one off production like the Chief boat.

I like Checkmates and respect their ambition in tough times to revive a big powerboat in an ever so shrinking market.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats Checkmate and all involved in building a beautiful boat. I'm sure you will reach and maybe exceed your goals when you finally dial in the boat. For the naysayers, give Checkmate some slack. The boat was just splashed for the first time less than a week ago. They were spinning 35's and overpropped at only 4850 rpm and still need to reach 5300rpm..They are waiting for a set of 33's and will be doing some more testing. They are also finishing the paint work on the engine hatch. I've seen the original Chief and it's a big deep boat. From all the pictures I've seen of Checkmate's 43' Punisher, they've done an outstanding job of making the cockpit more user friendly and spacious. The dash pods are also very well done!!! Not only will the boat be fast but it will be a wave crusher!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some interior pics before the hatch paint
Attached Thumbnails Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-417.jpg   Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-418.jpg   Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-419.jpg  

Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-420.jpg   Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-421.jpg   Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-427.jpg  

Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-429.jpg   Checkmate 43 Punisher Tops 85 mph-picture-432.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
And a 911 Turbo that had 265 hp was awesome and one of the fastest cars on the road with that power in 1986 but that certainly wouldn't sell new today with that kind of performance.....

This boat is venturing into the big boat market and needs to match performance and features offered by the competition to be successful. Unfortunately top speed is a huge selling point that this boat needs to improve or it will be a one off production like the Chief boat.

I like Checkmates and respect their ambition in tough times to revive a big powerboat in an ever so shrinking market.
if the price point is appropriate then yes. but the point is moot, they arent trying to be the fastest. they are offering xx speed at a certain price... my formula that you quoted was strictly for a speed comparison/formula....carry on
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered

A Whipple stage 3 setup would have solved there over proping problem, and put them where they wanted to be speed wise, while not being to taxing on the stock Merc power.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Has anyone heard any prices on it. I doubt checkmate is trying to compete with nortech or outerlimits. If the boat is priced right I am sure they would sell plenty of them. I am sure there are plenty of people out there that would love to have an affordable 43' boat, i know i would....
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

The more pics you post the better it looks! Keep on keepin on and dont let these keyboard cowboys slow you down.

Just test the boat in salt water with whipple upgrades...say its stock...and you will fit in with the rest of the big boys!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

So it's still faster ON the trailer.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

test it in some nice 3 to 4 footer's to get a real top speed once some air get's under that huge boat

shoot if it's bought as a ocean boat 85 mph will be plenty fast , it's when all these boater's run in flat lake water with there offshore boat's to get there top speed with big prop's that take mile's to get to that speed and no mid range punch .

year's ago I tested a new 38 zr that they claimed 90 mph and it got there but took forever after around 65 mph the speedo would just go up 1 mph at a time ," as my 4 year old would say "" it took all day long "

I guess it come's down to where you boat and how your going to use it . if it where my choice I would rather have a 80 mph wave crusher boat that when you push the stick's forward at 50 mph it pushes you back in the seat like a drag car then a boat that you have to run 5 mile's to get the extra 10 mph out of because where I boat you couldn't run that long in the ocean with out hitting some wave's
go run this new checkmate in some real ocean 6 footer's side by side with one of those 100mph + boat's and see who win's the race . I would bet the checkmate win's and let say it didn't win at least the check mate people will be able to walk away from there boat in comfort and not aching from back pain

mike

Last edited by mikebrls; 08-18-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Soggy bottom, I don't think you want to whipple brand new merc 700s and void the warranties! Jeff is a sharp guy and will get the most out of the boat. Congrats Checkmate and crew!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.