Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid! >

Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!

Notices

Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
Wow! That video provides a perfect example of a blatant disrespect for boating laws, fellow boaters and waterfront property owners all wrapped into one! That type of b.s. behavior gives our little power boating community a bad reputation. I'm thankful that my company's name isn't plastered on the side of that boat and even more thankful that no one was injured.
Thanks, party pooper.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
Wow! That video provides a perfect example of a blatant disrespect for boating laws, fellow boaters and waterfront property owners all wrapped into one! That type of b.s. behavior gives our little power boating community a bad reputation. I'm thankful that my company's name isn't plastered on the side of that boat and even more thankful that no one was injured.
At what point was anyone in danger or at risk of injury other than the people in the boat? Maybe he didn't know the lake layout that well, and barely came to the inside of 2 of the no wake markers. Also, I'm sure it would have made a huge difference in the amount of wake and safety had he been 1 foot right of the 2 no wake buoys as opposed to the 1 foot left.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by m3seth
At what point was anyone in danger or at risk of injury other than the people in the boat? Maybe he didn't know the lake layout that well, and barely came to the inside of 2 of the no wake markers. Also, I'm sure it would have made a huge difference in the amount of wake and safety had he been 1 foot right of the 2 no wake buoys as opposed to the 1 foot left.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, I see your point! He didn't know the layout of the lake, so to play it safe he ran alongside the docks at speeds in excess of 100 mph. I'm on the party pooper bandwagon!

The potential danger was to those that might have been inside the no wake areas. The fact that no one was there is no excuse. If you don't know the lake you should be more careful. I understand the boat needing to stay closer to shore being it's a 29 and you would get beat up running in the middle of the channel like we were, but if you are going so fast that you don't have time to react to the markers you are going too fast.

Last edited by Frequency; 08-30-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Decided to add a little depth to my sarcasm
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with the video is it gives the WP proof. That's why the folks that boat here EVERY weekend are upset about it. They put speed limits on our poker runs already. We don't need to give them anymore ammunition against the powerboaters, they already hate us. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Doc gets a call from the WP about it.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by redbud35
The problem with the video is it gives the WP proof. That's why the folks that boat here EVERY weekend are upset about it. They put speed limits on our poker runs already. We don't need to give them anymore ammunition against the powerboaters, they already hate us. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Doc gets a call from the WP about it.
I like your post and i understand .
Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered

Ok, you and your kids go swim off a dock and I'll jump in a boat and run 100 plus 50 to 75 ft from you. Then you and your kids can tell me if it's safe or not.

And don't try to tell me that he knew there was no one swimming off the docks. At that speed there is no way he could have seen that. If he couldn't see the bouys that stick 3 ft out of the water, he's not going to see kids swimming in the water.

It makes sense to buzz docks at 100 mph if your unfamiliar with the lake.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that he drove like that or the fact that there are people that don't see anything wrong with the way he drove the boat.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mpally
Ok, you and your kids go swim off a dock and I'll jump in a boat and run 100 plus 50 to 75 ft from you. Then you and your kids can tell me if it's safe or not.

And don't try to tell me that he knew there was no one swimming off the docks. At that speed there is no way he could have seen that. If he couldn't see the bouys that stick 3 ft out of the water, he's not going to see kids swimming in the water.

It makes sense to buzz docks at 100 mph if your unfamiliar with the lake.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that he drove like that or the fact that there are people that don't see anything wrong with the way he drove the boat.
Exactly, and I don't think those are no wake markers, that's marking a swimming area, right??? More importantly, if people on here think its a bad idea, just think how the people who live there feel who own a pontoon boat witha 40 horse on it...if that was my place, I'd be furious.

Did I mention it's a really sweet boat though???

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 08-30-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroMarineOne_Girl
Congradulations from all of us at Aero Marine! We are proud that our windshield is on the Outerlimits 29 V - it looks amazing! I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife at LOTTO!

Carmen
Carmen, The Windshield on this 29 V is made by Triumph. We are proud of our windshields as well. Thanks for the compliment. It looks really cool!!!! Your pleasure windows look great as well on the other 29 Vs

Last edited by FREEDOM US1; 08-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBCLiberator
Exactly, and I don't think those are no wake markers, that's marking a swimming area, right??? More importantly, if people on here think its a bad idea, just think how the people who live there feel who own a pontoon boat witha 40 horse on it...if that was my place, I'd be furious.

Did I mention it's a really sweet boat though???
Those are no wake bouys. However, it's common for people to swim off the docks. The no wake bouys are 100 ft from the dock. With as wide as the lake is, there is no reason for him to run within 100 ft of the docks. If the middle of the lake is too rough for that boat, then back off the throttles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.